What woofer has good sound quality

Share what your favorite woofer is and how many RMS watts it's pushing. My boy just stuk a drill through my new punch 3. I just installed it today

Whats the main diffrence between a 10in over a 12in in a sealed box?

I drive a z71 suburban and listen mostly to rock with a little rap. Thanks

Listen to them, if you like them buy them... If you are happy that is all that matters, it's your ears.

i have 2 jl audio 10w3 and i love them. i listen to a lot of rock and some rap too. Combined with boston acoustic component speakers, rock and rap both sound awesome. :thumbs:

I prefer Kicker or JL. From my experience, i usually stick with sealed boxes, not ported. I find that sealed boxes sound much better if you listen good with all kinds of music, including rock and rap. my advice would be kicker comps or jlw3's, not too expensive or overdramatic

• 1 month later...
either JL or Kicker... I have some punches... they're a good cheap sub, but for bump its hard to beat kicker or JL... IMO :dunno:

:withstupid: I have owned many setups by JL. 2-10w0's, 3-10w0's, 3-12wO's, 3-10w3's (the cleanest sounding bass that I have heard) and I now have 1-12w3 Stealthbox. All of these subs were powerd by a JL 500/1. By far the best amp I have owned. I have put it through a lot of abuse and it still runs hard.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Share what your favorite woofer is  and how many RMS watts it's pushing.  My boy just stuk a drill through my new punch 3. I just installed it today

Whats the main diffrence between a 10in over a 12in in a sealed box?

I drive a z71 suburban and listen mostly to rock with a little rap.  Thanks

To answer your question if you listen to mainly rock as I do you really want to stick with 10's because 10's respond a lot quicker than 12's which is what you ant because rock has rapid bass. The only difference in 10's and 12's are 12 will hit a litle deeeper but not any harder and will only be noticable if you listen to rap.

That sux about the P3...    dont over look alpine  the Type R is pretty nice  they claim 500 RMS  but handle more then that as long as its clean

AGREED!!! The Alpine type R 15"s I had were AWESOME.They arent that exspensive and they look great! Nothing Tacky ... jst bad ASS subs

!

:cheers:

Well I ended up going all jl. I walked into a dealer last week and to my supprize they had a blow out sale on the 12in W3 for 119.00. Santa bought me the XR componets for up front and the XR two ways for the rear fill. Santa also bought me the 450.4 Rockford fosgate to run both sets of speakers. I am useing the RF 325.1 for the sub. I also got some dynomatt as a stocking stuffer :)

Next thing to do is get rid of the factory deck. I hear the pac adapters that you use for a new deck and also the one that does the on star and wheel controls . I see reports of people not likeing them because of speaker pop etc. Can anyone verfiy these claims?

Happy hollidays ......RXPorlando