Hemi owner from vegas (not a hater)

motorider228

Welcome to the site. I live in Henderson too. Maybe we'll hook up one day and run'em. So if you happen to see a red one, that sounds bad as hell, then thats mine.

sounds good to me. what's done to your SS? I drive a mineral grey regular cab short bed tinted with a spray in bedliner on the stock 17's so if you pull up next to me sometime give me a rev and you can whoop me haha and we can pull over and talk for a bit. You should go out to the speedway on the 1st of dec. some guys are trying to get some trucks out there for midnight mayhem so it would be pretty cool to see more trucks out there.

All I've done so far is put a hooker aerochamber muffler on, which is loud as hell by the way, and a Volant cold air intake system. I plan on doing a tune from one of the guys on here from Zippy, then in the near future, I'm getting my pacesetter long tubes, true duals, cam, and a procharger. You might get me from the start, because you have 17's on there. Believe it or not, but it does make a big difference. I work at lake of las vegas right now, cuz I'm finishing up some towers that I built across from the Ritz. So I drive from Stephine street to 215 to lake mead dr., all the way to lake of las vegas. You know my truck when see something in the back window that says, " Yeah, it'll whoop a Hemi" in chrome letters.

haha cool. well i will soon have my superchip so it will maybe be pretty equal until all the other modding happens to your ride. I will soon be getting intake, exhaust and pacesetter headers too so hopefully my ride will be a little quicker. Are you AWD? you are very close to me I live like a mile from there.

haha cool. well i will soon have my superchip so it will maybe be pretty equal until all the other modding happens to your ride. I will soon be getting intake, exhaust and pacesetter headers too so hopefully my ride will be a little quicker. Are you AWD? you are very close to me I live like a mile from there.

Its an 06', so it only comes in 2wd. I like the 2wd better anyway, that way I can smoke the tires. I really love the traction control on it. One push of the button and off you go like a rocket, I can also use the tow/haul button with the traction control. it puts you into a deeper gear. Then you really launch. My first month that had my truck, there was a Dodge Daytona that kept egging me on. I didn't want to race because it was brand new, and I didn't break it in yet. But I gave in. We were at a light, and both lauched, he got me off the line for about 5ft., because you guys have the 3:92 axle and the SS only has the 3:73. My truck pulled on him fast, and started pulling away. Then, about an 1/8 mile, I could feel the torque really kick in on my truck. By the time we reach about a 1/2 mile or so, I had about 10 trucks on him. I heard that Dodges only go to about 80 mph, and shut down. Mine was at 112 when I left off. The cool thing was, it was still pulling hard at 112, I couldn't believe it. So this might answer the other guys question about SS vs Hemi. Now, if I was racing a QC hemi, I would have killed him.

I have had my hemi to 110 so I know they don't shut down at 80...had it at 100 on 215 today on my way to work. I have never run mine with the tow haul mode but i know it is wayyyy more torquey than usual. There is a misconception about the rumble bees and daytonas though. Those guys paid extra money for 20's (which are heavy) paint, and exhaust I believe. I do know for a fact the QC hemi's and the 4x4 ones would get owned but being as I have never raced an SS I don't know who would win. Now modded the SS will pull a hemi easy i'm just not sure stock for stock with the lightest hemi made. Only things I have raced are a carolla type-s, magnum R/T, f-150 2wd on 20's, and an extended cab chevy 5.3 with exhaust. I will admit it if I lose a race, don't worry I don't have an ego problem so I can admit when i'm wrong.

That's why I think the SS and the regular hemi would be a good race. I don't care what the mags say, its all about varibles. Driver, air temp. roads, traction, etc. Sometimes I wish the SS came with 18''s on them, it would make it much faster!

Yeah if I had an SS I would probably swap out the rims for some cool 18's with good rubber. Or just do some mods to compensate for the big wheels. I personally will probably lose to most SS guys I go up against being that I am 18 and have only driven for 2 and a half years and this truck is my first quick vehicle. But I think you are correct fastSS there is more to factor into a race than just power because I have seen guys in modded cobras get beat by lightnings and I know that just shouldnt happen.

What color is your truck? And its RCSB? There was guy today in a RCSB gray hemi at walmart on American Pacific and Stephine. He kept on looking at me or my truck, one of the two. I just waved, but he didn't wave back. Must not have been you I guess.