which brake system to go with

blackpearlss

i don't know if Baer is the "best" option out there, but it is certainly good for the money. I have them and like the performance, but hate noise and brake dust.

here is a post you'll probablyl find useful with more info on baer brakes.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=baer+brakes

if you go up to search and type in "baer" you'll get a ton of good posts and a ton of not so good ones lol.

you might also want to look into Willwood brakes. check with our site sponsors for best prices on these products.

I've got the Baer Alumasports and it is a much needed upgrade to the truck, braking from 60-0 is very good, and 80-0 is really confident performance too. But there is still much more braking potential there and I plan to upgrade the fronts to the Baer 6-piston/15" system (in combination with the Alumasport 14" rears).

Mr. P.

big $$$ open that wallet up!

Yeah it's expensive but I can testify that it is worth every penny. This is my first set of aftermarket brakes and I'm a convert now. I'm a real torque junkie and in the past I've always had the primered car with $$$ under the hood but I am so impressed with the Baer kit that from this point on I will always buy massive brakes first, then torque.

Mr. P.

I've got the Baer Alumasports and it is a much needed upgrade to the truck, braking from 60-0 is very good, and 80-0 is really confident performance too.  But there is still much more braking potential there and I plan to upgrade the fronts to the Baer 6-piston/15" system (in combination with the Alumasport 14" rears).

Mr. P.

P upgrade Ill buy your front's!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

For the brakes that we carry I'd say the Baer and Wilwoods run neck and neck. I've used both on my own vehicles with good results. I'm currently using their 16" rotors with 6 piston calipers on an '05 Sierra HD. They not only stop well but they look pretty damn impressive behind the wheels too! :)

Holly handles all of the brake lines over here (Baer, Wilwood, SSBC and Powerslot). She can take care of you guys and girls if you need pricing. She can be reached at [email protected].

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What about 2wd, is it worth doing since the backs are drums? any input? anyone do a rear conversion or upgrade?

What is the deal with the steal lines, do they make a big difference?

I have the Alumasports installed on my truck. I didn't do the rear conversion but who knows, that could come in the future. I can't say that there was all that much performance gain from the factory to the Baer's. The stopping is better all around, but the biggest gain is not nearly as much fade from higher speeds.

I installed the braided lines on the front brakes but haven't done the rear yet (waiting to do this when I swap out the fluid also). But seeing that there is only one line in the rear as it's hard lines to the drums I didn't see the point in doing it at the time of the install.

Personally, if I could do it over, I would save up and go with the 6 piston caliper system. But for the money, it's not bad. Here is a post that I did just after I installed them Thread