Horsepower on 2007 VMAX

Z4pp

• 3 months later...

THE HORSEPOWER ON THE NEW BODY STYLE IS 367.. I SHOULD NOW BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT MINE A WEEK AND A HALF AGO AND I MUST SAY THAT IT DOES HAVE BALLS.. THE 0 TO 60 IS UNDER 6.5.. FEELS FASTER THAN MY FRIENDS 06 VORTEC MAX.. BUT ONCE I PASS THE BREAK IN PERIOD OF 1000 MILES.. A DATE WITH THE TRACK AND OUR 2 TRUCKS WILL DETERMINE IT ALL..

:wtf:

Caps lock OFF

Also not to be the grammar police or anything but look over your post once again, maybe a bit calmer and thne you will see some little problems in it.

Seat of the pants feeling are not in line with "real numbers" Not saying that the new V-maxs arent quick. They damn should be, they might even take your buddies ride.

But yeah caps lock off

THE HORSEPOWER ON THE NEW BODY STYLE IS 367.. I SHOULD NOW BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT MINE A WEEK AND A HALF AGO AND I MUST SAY THAT IT DOES HAVE BALLS.. THE 0 TO 60 IS UNDER 6.5.. FEELS FASTER THAN MY FRIENDS 06 VORTEC MAX.. BUT ONCE I PASS THE BREAK IN PERIOD OF 1000 MILES.. A DATE WITH THE TRACK AND OUR 2 TRUCKS WILL DETERMINE IT ALL..

Is it extended cab or a crew cab?

• 2 months later...

Wow the new body looks great in black! Can/will the tahoe/avalanche nose be availible on this truck? That would look sweet!

• 2 weeks later...
Not ALL "Vortec Maxx" trucks have the 6.0L PERFORMANCE PACKAGE. The sure fire way to know if it is fast is the 20" wheels. If it has 20" wheels then I'm pretty sure it is 6.0L powered, that is unless the owner added the 20's after the point of sell..... wink.gif

Nope thats wrong i have a 2007 with 17s and it has the 6.0 and it hauls a$$ you can get the 20 inch wheels on a 4.3 from the factory if you want

The Vortec Max Trailering package NHT for the OBS and NBS trucks requires the 6.0L motor. If the truck has the Vortec Max decal on the door then it has the 6.0L. The dealer or seller is adding the Vortec Max decal if it has something other then the 6.0L. Best way to check is the VIN. You could get the 20's later on without getting the high performance package. There was also another package where you got the Z60 suspension and 20's with the 5.3L. The OBS trucks have the LQ9 345HP and the NBS trucks have the 367HP L76. The Vortec Max package also requires the Z85 suspension which includes the 4.10 gears. You can now get the L76 6.0L in the NBS trucks without getting the Vortec Max Trailering package. The L76 6.0L is also available in the Suburban 1500 and Avalanche trucks also.

glad someone on here is setting things straight!!

only correction is that you don't require 20's to have the L76. I just got one with 18's.