Questions about radix

hi guys i am new to the forum although ive followed for a long time and aquired alot of useful knowledge,i have a few questions that i could not find a definate answer for.in one post i read it said for a 03 radixed truck the vacuum line to the regulator could be moved to a different location to apply boost to the regulator but it didnt say were that location was.i just have it running to the location that was provided by magnuson,i have the radix with the 2.9 pulley,j-tube conv,lingenfelter cam,are the stock inj. and inline pump able to supply the demand for fuel,and lastly pinning the crank pulley,is there really that big of a problem, thank in advance for any help you can give me :thumbs:

The location provided on the SC intake should be boost referenced...I have my boost gauge teed in there. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? You're fuel pressure should increase as vacuum drops.

Dave

i have a boost gauge hooked up off of that line two but another post said there was a better location just wondering if there was any truth to this.i do not have a fuel pressure gauge though,thanks for the reply, :thumbs:

There is another port that is plugged off right next to where the current vacuum line is hooked up. It is 1/8 NPT and you can put another 1/8 inch fitting with a nipple for a vacuum line in there. I guess the only reason is so you don't have to use a tee fitting...less chance of a leak.

Dave

There is another port that is plugged off right next to where the current vacuum line is hooked up. It is 1/8 NPT and you can put another 1/8 inch fitting with a nipple for a vacuum line in there. I guess the only reason is so you don't have to use a tee fitting...less chance of a leak.

Dave

thanks maybe ill do that ,i also have my meth splitting to that line to,do you have any insight on the crank pinning,is this really necessary,im probably gonna do it any way just as a precaution,its hard to tell if i m getting slippage because my boost changes with the weather,i seem to float from 8 to 10.5 depending on the temp. thanks again :thumbs:

Definately pin the crank. When I took my original engine out my radix had only been on for 8k miles and the crank bolt was halfway out. If the balancer starts spinning on the crank it will gald it...then you're screwed. I did have the luxury of pinning mine while the engine was out.

Dave

thanks for the reply,after pinning did you notice any difference

I noticed a slight boost increase however I did the "famous" 90 MM TB conversion with it. Look at it this way, it won't hurt to pin the pulley and for the cost...its one of the cheapest insurance mods you can do.

Crank Pulley Pinning *link*