exhaust

Jond983

Here's my dilemma I have the flows 40 series dumped, and it sounds mean. And we all know flowmaster does not flow. So I want a new exhaust that flows better, but loud or even close compared to the 40 series. Any suggestions guys

after doing some in depth readin gon how exhuast works, and test reults im shocked to say the flowmaster actually do flow decently, i wish i had the 10 page articl i read in a magazine a while ago it explained how the flowmaster actully flows like a strati pipe, but i couldnt explain it , it got very technical . when logic says that a straight through muffler will flow better. but imo magnaflows sound much better.and they also were tested to flow about the same as the flowy.

a lot of SS owners  have the corsa, I wonder why it's so popular

reason for that is because under light throttle, it has absolutley NO resonance and is failry mild manner sounding. but under WOT it SCREAMS like no other. has a completely different sound than all other exhausts, it has a sound all on its own. i had the corsa sport, it was great. just too quiet for my tastes.

a lot of SS owners  have the corsa, I wonder why it's so popular

reason for that is because under light throttle, it has absolutley NO resonance and is failry mild manner sounding. but under WOT it SCREAMS like no other. has a completely different sound than all other exhausts, it has a sound all on its own. i had the corsa sport, it was great. just too quiet for my tastes.

LT's woulda took care of that :thumbs:

I have tried so many exhaust including the flowmaster and multiple magnaflow muffler configurations. I am stuck on Bassani now. My old VHO had dual bassani 4x8x16 with tips dumped under the truck, no cats and LT's with x pipe. it was awesome sounding. Now on the new truck I jsut put on a custom built bassani 4x8 that is 12inches long with single 3 inchin dual 2.5 out with tips dumped. The sound isn't quiet as good as the other truck but with lt's and no cats this muffler would be wild. My next setup when I put the lt's on is going to be dual 4x8x12 single 2.5 or 3 inch in with x pipe. I like the sound of corsa but I like alot of bass and a good clean performance sound. Flowmasters were good but I wanted something that had more bark IMO. that and bassani's flow bad ass also jsut like the magnaflows. good luck in your crusade, and hope you get what you want.