COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Oo p0op oO

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely it will be a PAC-10 team in the Rose Bowl, since the PAC-10 has an agreement with the Rose Bowl.

you would know more than me seeing that you live in PAC-10 country. i thought that the Big 10 got the Rose and seeing that Ohio St has the Fiesta locked up, then Michigan would slide into that slot. like I said, I could be wrong. ND played piss poor last night and probably don't deserve that big of a game, but the BCS is gonna look for, not only the best match-up but the biggest revenue draw and the re-match from earlier this season of Michigan-Notre Dame makes sense. If there is an agreement with the PAC-10 though, then it can't happen.

USC completely owned them. Especially their WR, I'm drawing a blank on his name, number 8. ND's defense has been suspect all year especially with bad tackling and it killed them last night. Even with 3 USC turnovers, they got confused and USC attacked a soft zone defense. as long as ND finishes in the top 8, they a guaranteed a BCS bowl.

Actually, I was wrong. They changed this a couple years ago.

They still have an agreement to always TRY and get a PAC-10 team in the BOWL but if there are higher ranked BCS teams then they will opt for them. CAL would have been one of the Rose Bowl teams but their ranking just isn't high enough.

They keep changing all this stuff around and it's making it real confusing. For instance, why on earth are they having two BCS bowls in Arizona now? What makes it worse is they're calling them both the Fiesta Bowl. :rolleyes:

Actually, I was wrong.  They changed this a couple years ago. 

They still have an agreement to always TRY and get a PAC-10 team in the BOWL but if there are higher ranked BCS teams then they will opt for them.  CAL would have been one of the Rose Bowl teams but their ranking just isn't high enough. 

They keep changing all this stuff around and it's making it real confusing.  For instance, why on earth are they having two BCS bowls in Arizona now?  What makes it worse is they're calling them both the Fiesta Bowl.      :rolleyes:

i've thought since they came out with the BCS that they should just have all their bowls but for the 4 top ranked teams, there should be a 2 game playoff. 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3, the winners play each other, the winner is the national champion. you do the first round xmas weekend and then the national championship a couple of days after new years like they do now.

although this year, that kinda goes out the window with Ohio St. being the only undefeated team, they are the consensus number 1. what sucks with the bowl format, is that most teams don't play for a month or more before the bowl games.

UCLA beats USC!!! What's that going to do to the rankings? :dunno: Even though Michigans only loss is to the #1 college team, I'll bet they still are not ranked #2 and will not get a rematch with Ohio State for the national championship. :banghead: What's everyone think?

Whos' gonna play the championship game?

Who's gonna play in the Rose Bowl?

I think it should be Mich.--Ohio State and LSU--USC.

UCLA beats USC!!! What's that going to do to the rankings? :dunno:  Even though Michigans only loss is to the #1 college team, I'll bet they still are not ranked #2 and will not get a rematch with Ohio State for the national championship. :banghead:  What's everyone think?

its gonna be Michigan vs. Ohio St (Fiesta)

LSU vs USC (Rose)

Florida vs Notre Dame (Sugar)

UCLA beats USC!!! What's that going to do to the rankings? :dunno:  Even though Michigans only loss is to the #1 college team, I'll bet they still are not ranked #2 and will not get a rematch with Ohio State for the national championship. :banghead:  What's everyone think?

its gonna be Michigan vs. Ohio St (Fiesta)

LSU vs USC (Rose)

Florida vs Notre Dame (Sugar)

could i be any more wrong?

Michigan and the Big 10 gets no respect. DUH!! If any team other than Ohio State was #1 then Michigan would still be #2 and playing for the national championship. The voters just didn't want to see a rematch. Someday they'll get the system figured out and we'll really see the 2 best teams play.