New Gauge Cluster

shakesvho

I have a new Gauge Cluster for my 05 Silverado need to set the mileage to match my old one, can this be done by the dealer, or do I have to sent it back to Factory Performance Products.

My first post, thanks for any reply

BTW - your milage and hours are stored in the "little black box" somewhere in the vehicle.  Make sure that you put the exact milage.  If you have onstar, they can check your milage without you even knowing it!

What is this "little black box" that you refer to? :wtf:

BTW - your milage and hours are stored in the "little black box" somewhere in the vehicle.  Make sure that you put the exact milage.  If you have onstar, they can check your milage without you even knowing it!

That did it Bluewheelz thanks for the tip, I called Onstar and on there scan, will e-mail me my milage and hours, all I have to do is mail in my gauge with the onstar info and the company will scan it in

thanks

ps- I did not know on-star had that kinda power

What is this "little black box" that you refer to? :wtf:

Great here it goes again....... :sick:

• 4 months later...

A dealer won't go out of their way to look this info up. I changed my cluster at about 15,000 miles and now shouw 15,000 miles on my new cluster. When I tried to trade my truck in they have you fill out a paper stating that none of this has been altered in any way shape or form, but i'm not worried about it because how can they prove that you personaly had anything to do with it being wrong? Besides they aren't gonna check the lil "black box" they are gonna just go by what the OD reads and leave it at that.

I was told the info was stored in the cluster. I had Onstar and added a SS cluster at 15k miles with no problems. I had to send it off to the local GM Electronics repair faciltiy who reprogrammed the true milage and hour meter for me into the replacement SS cluster. My truck was down Mon-Fri and it cost me like $65 total.... Ask ur dealer parts dept about it...

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)