Light Sensor On Dash

shakesvho

This is from the Service manual

Ambient Light Sensor Replacement

Removal Procedure

Remove the instrument panel top cover. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Upper in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Disconnect the electrical connector (1) to the ambient light sensor on the underside of the IP top cover.

Turn the ambient light sensor 1/4 turn and remove it from the IP top cover.

Installation Procedure

Install the ambient light sensor to the underside of the IP top cover, turning it 1/4 turn to secure it in place.

Connect the electrical connector (1) to the ambient light sensor on the underside of the IP top cover.

Install the instrument panel top cover. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Upper in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console

05 Siliverado need to change the light senor on dash, can someone tell me the best way to get to it

>Removal Procedure

>Remove the instrument panel top cover. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - >Instrument Panel (I/P) Upper in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

thank you for the reply, looking at where the sensor is, far to the right pass the radio about 6", taking the radio out will put me closer to it, my radio has a blinking red light on. I know if you unplug it you can lose the code, can you unplug the radio for a few mins. and save the code