Electric Fan Install

SuperSport

I just got the Flex-a-lite 292's and wanted to see if the people who are running them are happy with them. Also how did you remove the entire fan clutch assembly, Any special tools ? I haven't actually started yet but want to know what to expect before i statrt. If you guys have any other hints or tips it would be much appriciated.

I usually tap the green wire with the white stripe. This goes to the connector that plugs into the very back of the compressor (can be seen laying under the truck on the passenger's side). If your trying to find the keyed power wire take off the fise box cover then lift up the part that has the fuses so you can see the wires under it. Your going to see 6 "blocks" of fuses. Look to the far right column of the center block and count down 9. There should be a pink wire there. That's the wire you want!

Tom

The fans should come on if the truck is up to temp. When you start the truck turn on the AC while the motor is cold. The fans should come in and then shut off when you turn the AC off.

Tom, where are you? Called today to talk to you and you weren't there.

The fans should come on if the truck is up to temp. When you start the truck turn on the AC while the motor is cold. The fans should come in and then shut off when you turn the AC off.

Quick Tom, call him back, He wants a convertor! :P

Quick Tom, call him back, He wants a convertor! :P

How in the he11 did you know that? :P

On vacation in Orlando :)

If you just need to order the converter anyone at the office can take care of this for you. If not I should be back on Monday. I'll just have to try to drag myself away from 85 degree temps and goto a place where it's in the 40's...

the fans come on and stay on. its cool here so i havn't used the ac in over a month. so the compressor is off. the truck sets 6 days out of the week. so its cold when i start it and the fans come on as soon as i turn the key. so as of right now i have the wire disconnected and the fans run off of the temp sensor.

Archived