drako

i have been waiting to see the movie since the end of last summer when the first trailer came out. The patience has practically killed me and i gotta work tonight so i try tomorrow night.

• 1 month later...

i loved the movie, i thought it was amazing. i actually saw the first screening of it, in Novemeber of last year, way before it came out. heres some interesting facts about it that a lot of people dont know

-the entire film was shot in only 60 days, while most films take a year to a year and a half. then there was a year and a half after the filming of post production, meaning, adding special effects, editing, etc.

-the entire movie was shot in front of a blue screen in a warehouse in canada, except for one scene (the scene where the persian and archers are riding over the hill on horseback)

-there are 1500 cuts in the film, 1300 of which have some sort of special effect to them

-the spartan males underwent rigorous training for 6 weeks prior to training in order to get into peak physical condition

-Zack Snyder (the director)'s son plays leonidas as a young boy

-the monolougue said by the narrator when it shows Leonidas and his men dead is actually found on the tomb of the real King Leonidas