12 Sec. Curse

setti

Halloween curse lives on. Every halloween nite something strange happens and this one took the cake. My wife Had plans at a friends Halloween party for us. Funny how they always do that. She told me if I did not dress up she would find something for me. Thats not ever going to happen. I had plans of racing that nite, so I headed down the track early so I could still make the party. I know I'm playing with fire if I'm late. I posted this picture for laughs. Be easy on me or I'll send out my HO's at ya.

37045845.jpg

Getting teched in.

37045875.jpg

Oh I stepped it up a litte since the air was moist. :nono:

37045750.jpg

My first run down my reaction time 666 and 13.057 @ 104 was the warning sign.

37045924.jpg

I was so close and I had to try it again. I should have seen the sign 666. :devil:

I did not see that someone layed down some oil 100' out, either did the starter.

It was a run from hell. Truck came out kinda ok but at 100' it went sidesways, :fume: thank god it has AWD :chevy: or I woiuld have hit the wall.

37046006.jpg

That was enough for me. I headed out, with that message in one piece and not to late to make the party. I guess I will have to wait until next year to get in the 12's. In the mean time I will watch you guys play and dream of next spring and my mods over the winter.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setti - I've had the 12 second curse hanging over me for the last year. I took my old truck out to the track for a last good run and ended up with a 13.08 on my first run. I was determined to get that slip, so I upped my nitrous jets to 125 from 100, get up to the start line, and then get kicked out of the track. When I teched in, they said I needed a blow off tube in the cab. When I went ahead and ran once, they were watching for me the next time around. Thing is, I should have had a strong 12 sec run the first time, but my bottle pressure was low. My 1/8th mile time was 8.15 secs.

Sorry for the poor luck. By the next spring, you should have a strong 12 second truck.

All I can say is WOW :eek: . Thats an awesome time. I had that 12 sec curse on me, remember? Just go when they rent the track out and you should get it. I know you know this, but what the hell. Maybe I'll have something and I can join you. Congrats on the time and I'll catch up with ya soon.

Boy, I hope I don't see you at the stop light. :(

Thanks Gentlemen

That was the last nite for all the local tracks. nearest track is about 6-8 hours away and they will be closing if not already closed due to winter. I will have no choice but to watch you guys and chear you on.

dcairns

The temp was 62 degrees and it got moist quick making for slick runs.

Imagine crashing my truck and being late for the party, both my ladies would have cursed me then.

Big Tex

8.15 in the 8th should have put you in the 12'7's at least. Getting kicked out sucks especially knowing the potential of a 125 shot with good bottle pressure . Thats a curse for sure. I'm sure with your knowledge that curse will not last long at all.

Good luck

blackhawk

I think your right my hat slowed me down. I needed my 23 lexani rims to go along with my bling bling pimp look.LOL

37091316.jpg

Whitehorse

Yeah this spring we will have to get together and rent out the track for some tuning. I think I might do a cam, heads ported and some tuning. I will be watching other guys to see there results. All winter to play, I might lay this truck up sometime this winter to get the work done.

Good luck on your stang, that thing rips. I can't wait to see it run this spring.

Woohoo! Way to go setti! :cheers: I really think you could have gotten the little extra you needed if you hadn't stopped for that burger and fries on the way to the track. :lol: Or, maybe you should have taken off all that jewelry before the run!!! Well, anyway, I am glad to see that your truck is as fast as it feels. Trust me everyone, he took me for a spin in it the other day, and it sure is quick!

Justin :chevy:

Archived