Out with the old, in the new.

marc_w

I loved my '02 Avalanche. Except for the weird leaning and handling problem it had most of it's life. Well, that and the fact that I've got the hotrodding bug real bad lately, and, the Av's not really a great platform for that kind of stuff.

I snapped on Friday. A new set of springs didn't help the leaning. I went to a dealership to "just look at prices" of regular ol' Silverado's, during lunch. I've been a big fan of the SS for a while now. I just new better and stayed away. They had a few on the lot.

I could only stay away so long. I rolled in with the Av, bent over, and left with an '04 SS. :uhoh::D

Just got back from a 100 mile "go nowhere" ride. Already had a few imports try to race. Heh. :smash: I'm going to love this truck.

It's Black. All the options. Bone stock.

I think I'm gonna go sit in it and rev the engine...

Thanks guys.

The money thing isn't cool... ;) Hopefully I can hold off with the mods for a bit. Swapping out my last truck for this one was kind of one big expensive mod. Did all the upgrades I wanted all at once.

With that said, I'm expecting a UPD intake to come in the mail... Ordered it for the Av a few weeks ago. :oops:

The SS surprises me. The Avalanche used to hold it's own in the every day rat-race - it wasn't that big of a slouch. This thing just hooks up and throws you back in the seat.

The '00 Chevy's were good. The '02 I had was even better. A few more gadgets and the lights were upgraded and what-not. But these '03+'s are AWESOME. They're so refined.

I don't see anymore drivetrain slop in the rear axle, the low-beam headlights are AWESOME. Interior is tight as a drum, excellent looking quality. The overdrive kick-down and shift points look to be GREATLY improved. The Av used to get hung up in overdrive, and gurgle up hills. It'd need a lot of pedal to downshift, and then you'd be screaming. This thing kicks down at the lightest hint of a hill without any extra pedal.

This thing's a keeper!

Thanks again. :)

No, didn't get any chrome wheels... ? The three SS's they had on site didn't have any either. In all honesty, I didn't even know that was an option this year.

I DO have chrome center pieces in the rims. Not the lug nut cover, but the smaller piece in the center. The wheel-bearing-cap-sized piece.

How much more would the chrome have run me? I hear a local shop does them for $100 a pop. I was figuring on upgrading the rims to lighter units in the future.

I had a few more people messing with me the other day. Mainly some young girls on the highway. The g/f wasn't too fond of that! ;)

This morning I had a guy in a Camaro SS give me a wave or a thumbs up. You guys have a Jeep wave thing going with the other GM SS's? :D

I have waved to and been waved at by every Silverado SS I have seen on the street. I haven't had the same with Camaro SSs or Monte Carlo SSs.

I definetely think Silverado SS owners should be waving to one another. It's a cool way to show the type of people SSS owners are! :cheers:

:jester:

Haven't come across another Silverado SS in Central MA here, since I got mine.

Last one I saw (on the road) was early summer, late spring.

I'm loving this truck more every day. I just tossed in the underseat storage trunk that the dealer forgot to give me... :rolleyes: It's pretty cool. Fits perfect. I'm not sure if I'd rather have the floor space with the seat folded up, though.

Archived