Porsche 911 hits toll booth in SoCal

Posi12Bolt

Someone on another forum I post on knew her or something I think. her name was nicole catsouras and she was drinking and driving is what I heard, those pictures should be a good reason why not to drink and drive. here is what she looked like before the accident.....

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/mot...llcrash_med.jpg

I also don't think it's a bad idea to show those gory pictures to scare a new driver straight. I'm 18 and when I was 16 I had to go to driving school for excessive speeding and I had to watch ALL the red asphalts, it takes away the "i'm a teenager and I can't die" mentality pretty damn fast.

Edited by motorider228 (see edit history)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question....why in the world would someone put that in their photobucket album??!! :puke:

Although gory, I think pics like that can be effective....it only took a few nasty pics of motorcycle wrecks for me to respect my FJR1300 quite a bit more. In fact, it took alot of the fun out of being on a bike for me...especially since it was so crazy riding around the Miami area. :sigh:

Make this be a lesson to all parents who think it's not a bad idea to give a teenager the keys to a car such as this!When they are not spending a nickle on it how do you expect them to respect what they have?I know she took the car from daddy but there are plenty of other cases Ive seen where some young chump gets the keys handed to them for a car that takes most people a lot of hard damn work to acquire and within a month the thing is wrecked, this case the person just happened to hit just right and got her head exploded.

Only thing i can say is thank god she only took herself out and didn't dig anyone else's grave with her stupidity!

Edited by Bigdogx (see edit history)

what I am saying, is if she lost control in a new 911 carrera, she likely would have lost it sooner on in ownership in a lesser vehicle ... the 911 can inspire confidence because it is what it is; confidence without common sense well ... there ya go ...

well... she didn't just lose control... she ran into a civic THEN lost control

and then... :smash:

:crackup:

Thats :shakehead: but why would you give and inexperienced driver that kind of car :dunno:

Thats why I say a person should be licenced for atleast 4yrs before they are allowed to drive anything that has that kinda power.

Hell my first car was a Mustang but it was a 4cyl.

Guys i'm under the assumption she took the car according to one of the stories ,but i do agree no teenager should have a high horsepower car at that age.there was a father/son auto parts store in the town i live in,the son being 20-21 drove a s-10 pickup and talked his dad into co-signing for a new vette(this goes bach about 15 years) about a week or two later i heard about an accident where a car lost control coming offthe highway and landing in the nearby trees killing the driver who i believe was thrown from the car.It turned out to be this young kid who just got the vette 2 weehs earlier.obviously his dad never forgave himself and eventually went out of business.

i was at a bike expo a couple of years ago and talking to a sales rep from a local bike shop that i know. he said that early on that day, there was a 17 yr old kid that wanted to buy a Yamaha R1. the salesman wanted to know what kind of riding experience the kid had. come to find out that he already dumped a CBR600F4i and later a Ninja ZX-7. the salesman refused to even talk to the kid anymore. there was no way he was gonna sell that kid a bike with that much power. worst part, his mother was with him and was ok with him getting it. its amazing how little common sense some parents have.

first off, i'm a med student so stuff like that doesn't bother me, may sound sick to some, but if it bothered me then how could i be a doctor? or be expected to save someone's life if their stomach or neck or anything is cut open or something and it grosses me out..

anyway i digress, just making sure no one thinks i'm some sick psycho...right?

anyway what hit home was i imagined myself being that girl's parents and getting a phone call that my daughter was killed and then seeing her like that. as a parent there's no way you wouldn't see the body and that must be one of the most horrible, traumatic things a parent could ever go through.

one thing to remember...

parents should not have to bury their children

in light of that when any of us make decisions that risk our life, consider the consequences, not for us (because if we did, we wouldn't do it) but for those around us, especially our loved ones. so when you're racing, if God forbid something happened to you, is this how you would want your parents to see you? would you want to put them through something like that?

just something to think about... as i will be thinking about that tonight and probably every time i feel my right foot getting heavy when i drive.

first off, i'm a med student so stuff like that doesn't bother me, may sound sick to some, but if it bothered me then how could i be doctor? or be expected to save someone's life if their stomach or neck or anything is cut open or something and it gross me out..

anyway i digress, just making sure no one thinks i'm some sick psycho...right?

anyway what hit home was i imagined myself being that girl's parents and getting a phone call that my daughter was killed and then seeing her like that. as a parent there's no way you wouldn't see the body and that must be one of the most horrible, traumatic things a parent could ever go through.

one thing to remember...

parents should not have bury their children

in light of that when any of us make decisions that risk our life, consider the consequences, not for us (because if we did, we wouldn't do it) but for those around us, especially our loved ones. so when you're racing, if God forbid something happened to you, is this how you would want your parents to see you? would you want to put them through something like that?

just something to think about... as i will be thinking about that tonight and probably every time i feel my right foot getting heavy when i drive.

That made me cry :tear: I would never want my family or friends to have to go through something like that.