factory Navigation??

detjoe

I was just wonding if anyone has thought of this as an option? Getting the factory radio witht e navigation? I like the bose but a in dash screen would be cool. The first thing is getting the 6disk in the console and then the attennas?? Aftermarket is cool but dealership/Factory option does seem cooler. IMO like the brushed rims-yea they are not that flashy-but they are the first Chevy :chevy: Dubs out and only SSS's and VEttes will have GM factory 20's. I know it will only be 2 days till I see more SSR's with 20's and Somez06's w/20's BUT I would like to think it all started with US :D

joe

:thumbs:

I was thinking abou that the other day, It probably wouldnt be that hard. The nav probably works through the onstar antenna or something.

Also youd have to have the the nav flashed with your vin because all the new radios have the VIN programmed into them to prevent theft

:cool: I like the way you guys are thinking...

So you're saying the caddy has a stereo, 6-disc cd, and nav screen in the dash... Do you think it would fit directly into the SSS dash? That sounds like a sweet and simple upgrade - if it's a direct fit in the dash.

:cheers:

deezel...the screen is in the dash and the changer is in the center console, just like an EXV or a Denili XL-we could even get the Bulgari console clock! The changer fits in the second opening, the one below the cigrette lighters. Probably easier than putting in the digital heating controls :(

we need a techie who has more GM knowledge about these systems cause the radio controls alot in the SSS.

joe

NICE pic! :cool: SEe what I mean? What about those other controls next to the console clock? What do they control? And the nav looks to have a CD slot on top? That is probably for the streets/maps--but does it play CD's, MP3's, or what do we have to add to play DVD's :confused: Any dealer/service people??? What might this cost from the dealer? If the hearter controls were 2K to add on would this be more? I saw in the denli XL that it was a $1700 option, not bad for keeping the options we had and gaining the nav. Is the Caddy w/NAv a BOSE unit? Thanks again for the pic

joe

the one pic has the heated seat controls on the console and the second (real truck) has them on the arm rest--so that should not be an issue. Just getting the parts and the dealer to get the radio back on, the dealer I asked said it could never work, probably because he did not know about flashing the vin to the radio :confused: BUT I never said dealers were smart :D

I started to look for the parts on gm direct but no luck--anyone?? So we could figure out the cost of just the equipment? B4 the installation cost? I know most SSS drivers are going too fast to look at the nav screen :chevy: but as an option it would be cool, they will probably add it in 2005, get crome rims in 04 and nav in 05??

Thanks for the pics, vdrumright. I like the look of that screen in the dash. I guess the stereo controls are integrated into the Nav unit.

So far the parts list for the upgrade is:

- Caddy in-dash Nav unit, stereo controls (flahsed with correct VIN)

- 6 disc unit for lower dash/upper console

- replace lower dash bezel for cd, clock, and storage bin (like the 2nd caddy pic)

- possible need for in-dash brace for 6 disc unit

- possible need for antenna for GPS Nav unit

Anything else?

Thanks for the pics, vdrumright. I like the look of that screen in the dash. I guess the stereo controls are integrated into the Nav unit.

So far the parts list for the upgrade is:

- Caddy in-dash Nav unit, stereo controls (flahsed with correct VIN)

- 6 disc unit for lower dash/upper console

- replace lower dash bezel for cd, clock, and storage bin (like the 2nd caddy pic)

- possible need for in-dash brace for 6 disc unit

- possible need for antenna for GPS Nav unit

Anything else?

if you find out part numbers & such let me know. I've been shopping for a nav system.

You need to look and see if they even use the same plug on the back. if they use a separate antenna, the whole harness may be different, and if it is, then its gonna take some work to do.

Also Im willing to bet that stuff is gonna cost a lot of money.

If I can sneak around my dad long enough to pull the dash apart on his escalade I'll let you guys know

there has got to be a bumch of NBA stars who are getting rid of the factory nav to get some booming system :crazy:

Yea I think it will be costly be compaired to getting a new radio and all the stuff for a radio that does not look stock at all might be worht it to me. Plus ebay is amazing--both good and bad I guess :jester:

Anyone switch radio's and have the old one out and could snap some pictures? How many plus are we looking for?

Navigation

If we could hook up with the guy in this thread we could get some answers.

PSWired---that Navigation system pic.

this is the topic youre looking for. There is a pic of a escalade navigation system installed in a 03 chevy truck.

Or do a search of their site

it would probably be cheaper to go aftermarket for the navigation system...OEM parts are typicall very expensive, especially in the stereo dept....

Also, the aftermarket would probably just be the better system too.

Just put a 10.4" screen in the dash, and run the nav to that.

Archived