Just bought some SS accents for my VMAX

Vortec MAX

I saw a photo of the grille on an '06 SS posted by gnturboray and I loved the red grille. So, I bought the SS grille, red mirror covers and red handle kit to get some of that SS look.

Now if only I could get red flares :(

Here's a pic of gnturboray's front end:

SS grille

Happy turkey day!

Mike

Cool :cool:  Do you have it on your truck yet and where are the pics so we can see what it looks like on a V-Max :smash:

Can't you have the fender flares you have now painted red :dunno:

Don't have the parts yet. I ordered them on Wednesday. They won't be here until next week sometime. I will clean up the VMAX and take some pics once the parts are on.

I tried to get red flares. GM used to make them in red, but they sold them all (wonder why). Now they come in a few colors like silver birch, and white, but I got the black with the grained finish because that's what comes stock on the Z71 package on red trucks.

You can have them painted, but my body shop said they would chip easily. Since I drive the truck off road quite a bit (camping, fishing) I knew that the gravel roads would take a toll on them. So I left them black. The mud guards are also black, and red flares might look strange with the black mud guards.

I think the flares look very "utility," but I put them on to protect the paint. I use the truck off road, so I focused on protection from rocks. I think these trucks do look better without the flares. For the same reason, I did not get 20" wheels. More sidewall is better on rocks. I would hate to "ding my bling."

Mike

Just got my parts. I was taking them out of the packages and trying to miss them with my drool when I noticed something. The red door handles I got have red inserts but chrome handles. I thought the SS's had red handles too. Am I crazy?

Oh man this grille is going to look good on my VMAX! :)

The red mirror covers look like a PITA to put on. The black covers are held on with double stick tape and you have to pry them off. I just know I'm going to screw something up here.

I will post pics when I get them on. I might put that grille on tonight - I can't stand it.

A little preview pic 1

A little preview pic 2

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what do you think? Do you like the chrome, or the red?

grille_compare.jpg

I don't have the door handles and mirror covers on yet. My brothers and parents wanted to give those to me for Christmas. So now I have to unwrap them before I can install them :)

Mike

chrome is for bikes. looks nice with the red!!!

ps, no offense to guys with bikes. mine got run over last year. wish i had the cash to get a new one. ins, money went to other sh*t.

it was a hit and run, and we found the guy 3 days later. thanksfully he left two parts of his car behind. a side marker light and some chrome molding. narrowed it down to a 95 Buick LeSabre or Park Avenue. ended up being a LeSabre. he hit the bike (a GSX-R 600) at 2am. A Boston College student from Conn., decked out in Yankee gear. He was scared sh*tless when two bald guys with goatees showed up on his front porch asking questions. He fessed up.

Get this. he was drunk!!!!!!

nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Well, what do you think?  Do you like the chrome, or the red?

I don't have the door handles and mirror covers on yet.  My brothers and parents wanted to give those to me for Christmas.  So now I have to unwrap them before I can install them :)

Mike

That looks awesome :thumbs: I definently like the painted better.

My mom and dad got me the last piece of my grille for the bottom center bumper, and I can't have it till Christmas either :cry: I told mom she could wrap the empty box and when I open it I'll act suprised :jester:

• 2 weeks later...