Just bought some SS accents for my VMAX

Vortec MAX

• 4 months later...
can't wait to get my grille now.....but the plastic trim on my bumper is the unpainted version....worried about what it would look like. :shakehead:

you can get a new piece from the factory, you want the PAINTABLE one, it costs around $150. i got my whole front painted. check out my sig and you can see what it looks like

you can get a new piece from the factory, you want the PAINTABLE one, it costs around $150. i got my whole front painted. check out my sig and you can see what it looks like

Tell me more. Your truck looks great! I like how you painted the chrome piece and lower valance. How did you paint the chrome part? What prep did you have to do to the lower valance?

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I definately want to paint the chrome strip in the bumper though and keep up with my Lord Vader look....like the mustang

i would imagine a good metal etching primer and a few passed with some fine sandpaper would be the key to making the paint stick to the chrome?

one day i'll get around to installing my RST rear treatment on the 06

Edited by blackvert (see edit history)