lojack!!

well i was just wondering today at work if alot of you guys have lojacks installed. because at work we are also a expiditer for lojack and isntall them but i havent yet come upon doing a ss. just wanted to know if you have it isntalled. and if you dont i defintly recomed it. not trying to push a product but with the amount of A-holes out there who want to steal your truck; i fell much betTer sleeping at night knowing ones protecting my baby. yes they are expensive, but so is your truck you just bought!! just want to get a little feedback from you guys.

i bought the truck a month ago, and i live in the tacoma WA area. the lojack was the first thing i asked for when i bought the truck and they did it that week. definately a good investment if you live in a sketchy area.

I am we-tard-ed. What's a lojack?

The patented LoJack System includes a small radio frequency transceiver hidden in up to 20 places in a your vehicle. Each LoJack System has a unique code that is tied into the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). When a theft is reported to the police, a routine entry into the state police crime computer results in a match of the LoJack System's unique code against the state VIN database. This automatically activates the LoJack System in your car, which emits an inaudible signal. Law enforcement authorities who are equipped with LoJack vehicle tracking units - in their police cruisers and aviation units - are always listening for a LoJack signal. Police use the LoJack vehicle tracking units to track and recover your LoJack equipped vehicle.

:jester:

so is it a alarm....or is it only used if someone steals ur vehicle?.....my luck the cops around my area would be like "we dont even know what lojack is"

there are a few different models. i know you can get just the recovery one and then you can add an alarm with it. most major cities and state police have cars equiped with lojack. if you ever notice a cruiser with 4 antennas in a square pattern, usually on the roof or the trunk lid, that is a lojack car. when you call lojack to report your car stolen, they trip the beacon in your car and it sends out a signal. the cops then can trace the signal. not sure how far the range is. it does work though.

onstar also has a feature like that but instead of radio frequencies, the onstar is a gps unit and they can find where the car/truck is and send the coordinates to the police.

so is it a alarm....or is it only used if someone steals ur vehicle?.....my luck the cops around my area would be like "we dont even know what lojack is"

there are a few different models. i know you can get just the recovery one and then you can add an alarm with it. most major cities and state police have cars equiped with lojack. if you ever notice a cruiser with 4 antennas in a square pattern, usually on the roof or the trunk lid, that is a lojack car. when you call lojack to report your car stolen, they trip the beacon in your car and it sends out a signal. the cops then can trace the signal. not sure how far the range is. it does work though.

onstar also has a feature like that but instead of radio frequencies, the onstar is a gps unit and they can find where the car/truck is and send the coordinates to the police.

from some stories on here ive heard onstar can be easily "disarmed"

i gotta get a alarm very soon im about to get my indash dvd player put back in after someone F*cking stole it....

i hear ya. i might have to do the same thing. would be a nice xmas gift...

from some stories on here ive heard onstar can be easily "disarmed"

i gotta get a alarm very soon im about to get my indash dvd player put back in after someone F*cking stole it....

your insurance company will give a discount on your policy.An alarm installed will get you a discount too.

that's always sitting in the back of my mind. its just taking the time to (and money) to get it done.

Kyle, how much does lojack or a decent alarm run?

If any of you get the lojack you may just want to concider the early waring system. What it is, a little thing that hangs on your key chain, and if the truck/car is moved without this being in there you are notified via, phone,pager,cell, or whatever... Nice add on to the lojack. But always remember if someone wants it bad enough it will be stolen no matter what..