2wd Vortec max?

vmax2fast

Looks like the trucks with the NHT Vortec Max package get the 4.10 gears. The trucks with the B4V package get the 3.73 gears...

All Models Include HD Limited Slip Rear Axle, 4.10 Axle Ratio...

Are you sure they mean the 2WD also? Where does this info come from? The dealer brochure clearly states that the Vortec MAX package on a 2WD truck has 3.73 gears.

Mike

had to go check that gt5 code you said sure enough it was there, here is a picture of my data tag (night and crappy little flashlight) 2'nd code from top upper right hand corner, i can get a better one tomorow. also a pic of my front suspension (note 2wd).

if you need any other proof let me know.

post-8665-1166238765_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1166239126_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2006_superado (see edit history)

had to go check that gt5 code you said sure enough it was there, here is a picture of my data tag (night and crappy little flashlight) 2'nd code from top upper right hand corner, i can get a better one tomorow. also a pic of my front suspension (note 2wd).

Thanks superado, this is the first one I have heard of with both 2WD and 4.10's. Maybe there is a typo in the brochure. Maybe you have a very special truck. At least I know it is possible now. No further proof is necessary. Thanks for checking the codes.

I just like to be sure about things. I didn't think Chevy made a truck like yours because of what it says in the brochure. I figured they thought the 2WD with an LQ9 and 4.10 gears would roast the tires too much :) Example: when the SS went to 2WD, they changed the gearing to 3.73's. To me, this means with equal tunes, your truck would outrun a new 2WD SS. Something to think about.

Thanks again,

Mike

Thanks superado, this is the first one I have heard of with both 2WD and 4.10's. Maybe there is a typo in the brochure. Maybe you have a very special truck. At least I know it is possible now. No further proof is necessary. Thanks for checking the codes.

I just like to be sure about things. I didn't think Chevy made a truck like yours because of what it says in the brochure. I figured they thought the 2WD with an LQ9 and 4.10 gears would roast the tires too much :) Example: when the SS went to 2WD, they changed the gearing to 3.73's. To me, this means with equal tunes, your truck would outrun a new 2WD SS. Something to think about.

Thanks again,

Mike

v-max, thanks for the complements. but as far as roasting the rear tires, when i want to rip it it will. but otherwise it is subdued and well mannered due to the TM :banghead: i have'nt had a chance to run an SSS yet so :dunno: if i'll beat one, but basic logic would suggest like you said all else being equal i would win :D but you never know, i'll have to try it when i get the chance, when i do i'll post up the results.

as far as the v-max's go all 4wd's had 4.10's, 2wd x-cab perf-pack had 4.10's, 2wd perf-edit and crew cab had 3.73's hope that clears it up.

it seems since i've joined the site i've had to clarify this many times.

judging from the lack of info and any other truck like mine on here, i may have a rare beast on my hands :devil: doe's anyone know how i can find out production numbers by options?.... :cheers:

Thanks again,

Mike

actually your theory would be backwards as the ss would have less tire spinning off the line with a taller gear. and with more top end gearing would theoretically benefit the 2wd ss if we're talking theories here.

actually your theory would be backwards as the ss would have less tire spinning off the line with a taller gear.  and with more top end gearing would theoretically benefit the 2wd ss if we're talking theories here.

Entirely possible. Wheelspin can be a problem with lower gears. If the wheelspin on launch can be controlled, it makes sense that the 4.10's would outrun the 3.73's, given that both are 2WD, have the same HP and TQ at the crank, and weigh about the same. The lower the gearing, the more torque will be seen at the wheels. That is just physics (or math) LOL.

Mike

actually your theory would be backwards as the ss would have less tire spinning off the line with a taller gear.  and with more top end gearing would theoretically benefit the 2wd ss if we're talking theories here.

Entirely possible. Wheelspin can be a problem with lower gears. If the wheelspin on launch can be controlled, it makes sense that the 4.10's would outrun the 3.73's, given that both are 2WD, have the same HP and TQ at the crank, and weigh about the same. The lower the gearing, the more torque will be seen at the wheels. That is just physics (or math) LOL.

Mike

like i said in my above post wheel spin is only a problem when i want it to be :) otherwise i can get it to take off nicely, at least for now. once i get my tune and headers, (ms clause is being nice this year) it may be more of a concern :dunno: but to be realy honest my gear ratio is more like 4.25-4.30 now with the shorter tire (295/45/20) so it takes off realy good out of the hole :D

Looks like the trucks with the NHT Vortec Max package get the 4.10 gears. The trucks with the B4V package get the 3.73 gears...

All Models Include HD Limited Slip Rear Axle, 4.10 Axle Ratio...

Are you sure they mean the 2WD also? Where does this info come from? The dealer brochure clearly states that the Vortec MAX package on a 2WD truck has 3.73 gears.

Mike

www.KBB.com

You can go there and build it out.

Edited by BRUTONMOTORSPORTZ (see edit history)

Mike

like i said in my above post wheel spin is only a problem when i want it to be :) otherwise i can get it to take off nicely, at least for now. once i get my tune and headers, (ms clause is being nice this year) it may be more of a concern :dunno: but to be realy honest my gear ratio is more like 4.25-4.30 now with the shorter tire (295/45/20) so it takes off realy good out of the hole :D

raced a SSS tonight on the 14-North (going home) the guy was cruising at 80 and passed by me so i caught up to him, then stepped on it a bit to let him know whats up, i pulled like a half a truck on him and let off, then he hit it and got to my fender at which point i hit it again, and started to pull from him, from 80-100 i got him by a truck... then my damned limiter kicked in :banghead: so he caught up and flew by.. moral of the story is now i know my gears help at any speed (up until it fully max's out at which point the SSS 3.73's would eventualy catch and pass me at top end)

i'm pretty sure i can take an SSS equaly modded (all i have now is volant and flowmaster 40's)

if i did'nt have my speed limited to 100 i would have kept pulling on him.

raced a SSS tonight on the 14-North (going home) the guy was cruising at 80 and passed by me so i caught up to him, then stepped on it a bit to let him know whats up, i pulled like a half a truck on him and let off, then he hit it and got to my fender at which point i hit it again, and started to pull from him, from 80-100 i got him by a truck... then my damned limiter kicked in :banghead: so he caught up and flew by.. moral of the story is now i know my gears help at any speed (up until it fully max's out at which point the SSS 3.73's would eventualy catch and pass me at top end)

i'm pretty sure i can take an SSS equaly modded (all i have now is volant and flowmaster 40's)

It only makes sense to me. Why do you think lower gears are such a popular mod? I am surprised you got to 100. My speed limiter kicked in at about 90 MPH, but I have the 4WD. I might have different tires, with a different speed rating. That is what they set the limiter by - speed rating. My Nelson tune removed the speed limiter. This is something you should consider. Nice kill - I guess - he is a fellow Chevy owner :)

Mike

It only makes sense to me. Why do you think lower gears are such a popular mod? I am surprised you got to 100. My speed limiter kicked in at about 90 MPH, but I have the 4WD. I might have different tires, with a different speed rating. That is what they set the limiter by - speed rating. My Nelson tune removed the speed limiter. This is something you should consider. Nice kill - I guess - he is a fellow Chevy owner :)

Mike

yeah i can't wait to get my tune. i'm going with jesse at wait4me, only thing stopping me is cores are realy rare for an 06 right now, and i can't seem to find a few days that i wont need my truck to send him my pcm?... oh well i guess after christmas :confused: i did get my pacesetter's yesterday :D putting those on as soon as i get a chance.. :cool:

as far as the "kill" thanks, but normaly i would rather pick on any other make then a fellow :chevy: it's kinda like fighting with your brother, when it comes down to it were still on the same side. :flag: