2wd Vortec max?

vmax2fast

Yes the VHO AKA Vortec Max is still available on the 2007 Classic.

B4V Performance Edition, Silverado • LT 2WD w/6 1/2' Bed ex Hybrid 2,967.25 3,575.00

(N/A Work Truck, LS & LT 2WD w/5 3/4' & 8' Bed, LT Hybrid, LS & LT 4WD or SS) (N/A w/Value Pkg-PDX, Limited Ed-B2E, Body-E62, Mirrors-DPN, Paint-ZY2 or Suspension Pkg-Z85) (Contents May Not Be Deleted or Substituted) Includes HD Limited Slip Rear Axle, 3.73 Axle Ratio, Badging, External Engine & HD Auxiliary Transmission Cooling, LQ9 6.0L Engine, Steering Wheel Touch Controls, High Performance Suspension Pkg, P265/70R17 BSW Conventional Spare, P275/55R20 BSW Tires, Traction Control, HD Trailering Equipment, HD 4-Spd Auto Trans & 5-Spoke Chrome Cast Aluminum Wheels.

Edited by BRUTONMOTORSPORTZ (see edit history)

It was available when I bought mine.  Don't know for sure with 2007 classic models.  The 2WD version had 3.73 gears instead of 4.10's.

Mike

i have a 2wd "performance package" V-max X-cab with 4.10's the "performance edition" had the 3.73's my truck had a heavier suspension was taller and no 20's stock, the other type came with lowered suspension and 20's (SSS mechanical clone). there are a couple other differences but i won't get to technical now, just seems not everyone was familiar with the different packages available :dunno:

i've probably gone over it 4-5 times on this already :cry:

any other Q's let me know.. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
i dont know about 4.10 gearing with 2wd mine has the 3.73 gearing if that helps

Yeah, I thought all the 2WD trucks with the LQ9 had 3.73, not 4.10 gearing. Anyone KNOW they have the 2WD, LQ9, GT5 (4.10) setup? RPO code GT5 will be listed on the sticker in your glove box if you have 4.10 gears.

Mike

i dont know about 4.10 gearing with 2wd mine has the 3.73 gearing if that helps

Yeah, I thought all the 2WD trucks with the LQ9 had 3.73, not 4.10 gearing. Anyone KNOW they have the 2WD, LQ9, GT5 (4.10) setup? RPO code GT5 will be listed on the sticker in your glove box if you have 4.10 gears.

Mike

Looks like the trucks with the NHT Vortec Max package get the 4.10 gears. The trucks with the B4V package get the 3.73 gears.

NHT Performance Pkg, Vortec Max • LT 2WD w/6 1/2' Bed ex Hybrid 2,033.50 2,450.00

(N/A Work Truck, LS, LT w/5 3/4' & 8' Bed, LT Hybrid or SS) (N/A w/Value Pkg-PDX, Suspension Pkg-Z71, Z83 or Z85, Paint-ZY2 or Traction Control-NW7) (Req's Tires-QJM or QJP & Wheels-P25)

All Models Include HD Limited Slip Rear Axle, 4.10 Axle Ratio, Badging, External Engine & HD Auxiliary Transmission Cooling, LQ9 6.0L Engine, Ride Control Suspension Pkg, 4-Spd SD Auto Trans-M70 & HD Trailering Equipment.

LT 2WD w/6 1/2' Bed Includes All Models Equipment Plus 6200-lb GVWR.

LT 4WD w/6 1/2' Bed Includes All Models Equipment Plus 6400-lb GVWR & Autotrac Transfer Case.

B4V Performance Edition, Silverado • LT 2WD w/6 1/2' Bed ex Hybrid 2,967.25 3,575.00

(N/A Work Truck, LS & LT 2WD w/5 3/4' & 8' Bed, LT Hybrid, LS & LT 4WD or SS) (N/A w/Value Pkg-PDX, Limited Ed-B2E, Body-E62, Mirrors-DPN, Paint-ZY2 or Suspension Pkg-Z85) (Contents May Not Be Deleted or Substituted) Includes HD Limited Slip Rear Axle, 3.73 Axle Ratio, Badging, External Engine & HD Auxiliary Transmission Cooling, LQ9 6.0L Engine, Steering Wheel Touch Controls, High Performance Suspension Pkg, P265/70R17 BSW Conventional Spare, P275/55R20 BSW Tires, Traction Control, HD Trailering Equipment, HD 4-Spd Auto Trans & 5-Spoke Chrome Cast Aluminum Wheels

Looks like the trucks with the NHT Vortec Max package get the 4.10 gears. The trucks with the B4V package get the 3.73 gears...

All Models Include HD Limited Slip Rear Axle, 4.10 Axle Ratio...

Are you sure they mean the 2WD also? Where does this info come from? The dealer brochure clearly states that the Vortec MAX package on a 2WD truck has 3.73 gears.

Mike