Question about programmers

S_Minton

why won't a power programmer work for the SS? I would think that all you do is get a prgrammer for an '03 truck and just hook it up. Let me know if I am wrong.

Jason

Our trucks have already been somewhat tuned from the factory.I think we have around 40 or so horsepower more then the 6.0 in the S2500's.The computer has serious limatations on the power a motor can give out when it reaches it's physical limits.The factory tries to get the most milage out of a vehicle which when it is done right more milage=more power :P I think the programers of these aftermarket chips also do not want to sell thier products which is going to make their buyers trucks to breakdown.The reason I bought my SS is because it is still a truck with truck capabilities-towing,all wheel drive,hauling.

Iam with MN on this one . I hate my superchips . I love my Ed Wright programming ... :cheers:

I hope you don't want to make your own changes to the PCM later. Ed locks your PCM. Personally, I would not buy programming from a company that locks you out of your PCM, no matter how good it is.

Your right thats a downside to Ed ... For a daily driver I dont recommend it . When I make a change I have to send it to OK . But on the flipside LT1 Edit is very difficult to use . Ed seems to get it right on the first try .I dont have patients for that..I have a friend with LS1 edit and his T.A. won't even Idle . Mine with a bigger cam Idles like a new car . :D

It sound to me like LS1 edit is only for people that know what their doing. Don't you also have to have a laptop computer? I bought the superchips programer and it does everything I wanted it to for my daily driver. i'M A BIG BELEIVER IN THE KEEP IT SIMPLE RULE. JMO

Archived