Question about programmers

S_Minton

1) Superchips- Is there a specific one for the SS or is it the same one you use on a standard 6.0 Silverado

2) Does hypertech make a programmer for the SS?

Im sort of new to the forum, have been reading for a month or so, Just now decide to post my first ? :)

there are a bunch of threads regarding tuners...you should find all the info you need on there...

i do not think that hypertech makes a programmer yet...

superchips is the programmer for all gm gasoline engines...#2715 i think...that is what i have and it works great...

good luck and we all hope you enjoy the site...

1) Superchips- Is there a specific one for the SS or is it the same one you use on a standard 6.0 Silverado

Im sort of new to the forum, have been reading for a month or so, Just now decide to post my first ?  :)

Superchips/HyperTech = wasted Money... Spend a couple more bucks and get LS1 edit or a Custom tune.

It's not that much more and does so much more you won't out grow it. :smash:

Im sort of new to the forum, have been reading for a month or so, Just now decide to post my first ?   :)

Superchips/HyperTech = wasted Money... Spend a couple more bucks and get LS1 edit or a Custom tune.

It's not that much more and does so much more you won't out grow it. :smash:

Ya, what he said, lol, :thumbs:

Hypertech still does not have a programmer yet. The guy that I know that works there, told me last week that they still didn't have the 4 wheel dyno in yet. I dont know whats taking so long, but he said they have really been dragging their ass on getting programmers out for several new vehicles, including our's. I will keep everyone posted when I hear anything.

QUOTE (MN C5 @ Nov 4 2003, 11:04 PM)

QUOTE (S_Minton @ Nov 4 2003, 10:19 PM)

Im sort of new to the forum, have been reading for a month or so, Just now decide to post my first ?   

It's not that much more and does so much more you won't out grow it. 

Ya, what he said, lol, 

For those of us that are in the dark when it comes to custom tune issues. What exactly is involved in the process? With a hand held programmer that is generically made for a specific vehicle and year, you get some added performance as well as ease of use to go to and from stock settings. With a custom tune what is involved in programming your vehicle back to stock, so the dealership doesn’t raise an eye to other than stock programming? :confused:

:cheers:

Hypertech still does not have a programmer yet. The guy that I know that works there, told me last week that they still didn't have the 4 wheel dyno in yet. I dont know whats taking so long, but he said they have really been dragging their ass on getting programmers out for several new vehicles, including our's. I will keep everyone posted when I hear anything.

Thanks memphisSS keep us posted... :thumbs:

For those of us that are in the dark when it comes to custom tune issues. What exactly is involved in the process? With a hand held programmer that is generically made for a specific vehicle and year, you get some added performance as well as ease of use to go to and from stock settings. With a custom tune what is involved in programming your vehicle back to stock, so the dealership doesn’t raise an eye to other than stock programming?

I don't have LS1Edit yet, but am considering getting it. It sounds like a very powerful tool. From the posts here I gather that Farmtruc, dcairns and a few others are using it. The way I understand it, if you have LS1Edit you can switch back to stock with no problem. :D

Check out ls1tuning.com

Besides, a dealer is likely to only check for trouble codes if they scan your computer, right??? :jester:

For those of us that are in the dark when it comes to custom tune issues. What exactly is involved in the process? With a hand held programmer that is generically made for a specific vehicle and year, you get some added performance as well as ease of use to go to and from stock settings. With a custom tune what is involved in programming your vehicle back to stock, so the dealership doesn’t raise an eye to other than stock programming? :confused:

Darric - it's my understanding that before you start, you make a copy of your stock tune and then play from there. As long as you keep that copy, putting everything back should be easy. I don't have yet, but may very soon.

You guys have the right idea.

Also, the dealership cannot detect whether you have a custom tune.

To return back to the stock tune, you would simply load your stock file back into the pcm.

What's involved:

Maximizing every value. Hand helds give you more power, there's no doubt about that, but when you're able to get a custom tune or get edit, you're able to maximize every table and not have to worry about the other 1000ppl who bought the same device.

later,

allen

Iam with MN on this one . I hate my superchips . I love my Ed Wright programming ... :cheers:

I hope you don't want to make your own changes to the PCM later. Ed locks your PCM. Personally, I would not buy programming from a company that locks you out of your PCM, no matter how good it is.

i would like to add a couple of questions

how much is ls1 and were can you get it :confused:

Archived