was it you? las vegas SS

motorider228

Was the SS that was running 16.1's and 16.0's at midnight mayhem in Las Vegas from this website? If so, were you stock? Bad traction? what? I figure even stock at these elevations it would have been probably a 15.6 pass or so. On a better note, there was a titan with CAI and exhaust running 16.2's. That made me happy because of all the trash talk from those guys.

haha yeah, The SS driver was obviously have an off night and I don't put that against the truck. I mean, stock at 2200 feet with a pro driver the SS would be running like a 15.4 so if the driver didn't get good traction then that can easily be a 16.0 second 1/4. Now the titan on the other hand, I talked to the guy and watched one of his passes, he had traction and he had exhaust and a CAI so with the elevation correction thats like a 15.7 or 15.8 at sea level.

Was the SS that was running 16.1's and 16.0's at midnight mayhem in Las Vegas from this website? If so, were you stock? Bad traction? what? I figure even stock at these elevations it would have been probably a 15.6 pass or so.  On a better note, there was a titan with CAI and exhaust running 16.2's. That made me happy because of all the trash talk from those guys.

:dunno:

Ya that was me guys. Ya its bone stock no upgrades, and the reason I was so slow was cause that was my first time ever on a drag strip. Never raced before on a track in my life so had no clue what I was doing as you could probably tell by my burn outs. I admit I was pretty angry I was hoping for a faster time. Ran a 16.5 the first run and a 16.1 the second run. R/T was 1.6 and .6 accordingly. I had a great time doing it but wont be out there till I get a few upgrades. Hopefully Ill get some better times but even upgrades wont help inexperince.

Edited by Juse821 (see edit history)

Was the SS that was running 16.1's and 16.0's at midnight mayhem in Las Vegas from this website? If so, were you stock? Bad traction? what? I figure even stock at these elevations it would have been probably a 15.6 pass or so.  On a better note, there was a titan with CAI and exhaust running 16.2's. That made me happy because of all the trash talk from those guys.

Ya that was me guys. Ya its bone stock no upgrades, and the reason I was so slow was cause that was my first time ever on a drag strip. Never raced before on a track in my life so had no clue what I was doing as you could probably tell by my burn outs. I admit I was pretty angry I was hoping for a faster time. Ran a 16.5 the first run and a 16.1 the second run. R/T was 1.6 and .6 accordingly. I had a great time doing it but wont be out there till I get a few upgrades. Hopefully Ill get some better times but even upgrades wont help inexperince.

its cool you have to start somehwere. i have seen SS ; run slower at lower altitude before. the one thing i always try to encourage the 2wd guys though , is one of the first mods you need to do if you plan to run at the strip is get some slicks. it will lead you to more succes when you take the modding a step further , caltracs wouldnt hurt either. wheels can help you the most out of alot of bolt on mods.

Or get a posi, that's what i'm doing next I hate the peg leg. Yeah it's weird for your first time on the track, oddly enough my best pass ever was a 15.3 and that was my very first pass ever taken. I was looking for you because I wanted to come up and say what's up but i couldn't find you. There were some pretty fast trucks though. If I were you I would get CAI, headers, exhaust and a tune and you will be much much faster. Sweet looking truck regardless of time though. If you ever want to hook up and run my hemi ram just message me on here, like if you want to see what your new mods will do. I am consistently 15.4 so that's a good point for you to measure from.

its cool you have to start somehwere. i have seen SS ; run slower at lower altitude before. the one thing i always try to encourage the 2wd guys though , is one of the first mods you need to do if you plan to run at the strip is get some slicks. it will lead you to more succes when you take the modding a step further , caltracs wouldnt hurt either. wheels can help you the most out of alot of bolt on mods.

seriously. i wont even go to the track until i get at least slicks and better yet slicks and caltracs. my launches would just be laughable. :crackup:

Yea i dont know if you remember talking to me but right after your first run I ran into u in line and you rolled your window down and asked me about my truck (Dark Grey Silverado). Your truck is pretty bad ass man, i would guess that after a few practice runs youll get the hang of it. You also have to realize that your first time at the track was on a Pro tree. Pro trees are dificult to figure out on your first time.

your reaction times dont affect your overall time though. Did you have wheel spin? Were you brake stalling it any? maybe u were Stalling to high? Manually shifting?

As you can see, these things can end up affecting your times eaisily.

Best of luck to ya hit me up if you want to run sometime!!! :cheers:

-Mike

Yea i dont know if you remember talking to me but right after your first run I ran into u in line and you rolled your window down and asked me about my truck (Dark Grey Silverado). Your truck is pretty bad ass man, i would guess that after a few practice runs youll get the hang of it. You also have to realize that your first time at the track was on a Pro tree. Pro trees are dificult to figure out on your first time.

your reaction times dont affect your overall time though. Did you have wheel spin? Were you brake stalling it any? maybe u were Stalling to high? Manually shifting?

-Mike

I took off after my 2nd run, my pal was aching for some beer lol. Wasnt brake stalling and was actually thinking I should manual shift to see if it would help any. I have no clue all I can blame it on is that Im a rookie :banghead: I read up on other peoples times and know it should have been better. Should have asked ya if you where a member of the boards zo6 was hoping to hang out with you guys.

I really want to get to the track...but the closest one is like 250 miles away in Spokane, WA. I think I'm gonna try to get there next summer... maybe tow my Elko there and run both... :D I'm hoping that i'll run at least mid 14's with the truck and at least low 13's with the Camino...

I've been running 14.6's consistantly on my Scan Gauge but i dont know how accurate that is... :dunno:

-Mike

I took off after my 2nd run, my pal was aching for some beer lol. Wasnt brake stalling and was actually thinking I should manual shift to see if it would help any. I have no clue all I can blame it on is that Im a rookie :banghead: I read up on other peoples times and know it should have been better. Should have asked ya if you where a member of the boards zo6 was hoping to hang out with you guys.

Yea it would have been cool to hang. I couldnt get in line with any other truck guys tho so it woulda been just me, u, and my 3 buddys in a blue SRT-4. He whooped my ass so bad haha. My 60 foot time was better but he soon slingshotted past me like i was sittin still. Hit me up if u wanna bs bout trucks!!!

Ok well my times where completely wrong was looking at the print outs today and heres what I got.

______1st_______2nd

r/t___1.2_______ .61

60___2.5________2.4

330__6.8________6.7

1/8___10.4______10.3

1000__13.5______13.4

1/4___16.1_______16.0

Pitiful I know :banghead: . Atleast I was consistently sucking ass. Im just no Rickie Bobby should have prayed to Lord Baby Jesus before I got to the line.

Edited by Juse821 (see edit history)

It's all good. I read about many hemi guys running low 14's with my mods and my best is a 15.3 so I am pissed too. I think if you got better traction at this elevation you could have been 15.5 and you can lose .5 for our elevation down to sea level. If you all ever just want to go run em some time i'm down for that. I need to work on my driving as well juse. I also learned that my worst times happen when I stall it out. here are how my times were that night. The second run was against a modded chevy 5.3 ecsb and he ran a 15.2. Super cool guy but he still whooped me haha. I also burned out pretty bad.

1st ---------------2nd

R/T....1.02------.45

60ft....2.3--------2.4

330....6.5--------6.7

1/8.....9.9--------10.1

1/4.....15.4-------15.6

mph....88.6-------88.1

Edited by motorider228 (see edit history)

Ok well my times where completely wrong was looking at the print outs today and heres what I got.

______1st_______2nd

r/t___1.2_______ .61

60___2.5________2.4

330__6.8________6.7

1/8___10.4______10.3

1000__13.5______13.4

1/4___16.1_______16.0

Pitiful I know  :banghead: . Atleast I was consistently sucking ass. Im just no Rickie Bobby should have prayed to Lord Baby Jesus before I got to the line.

Dude its really not that bad, just get a tune and ull f us all up!!!!