Bilstein shock finally released

04CHASE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i installed the shocks today which was a breez. on the stock shocks for the front i figured out that using a 17mm rench on the shock under the frame there is a part of the strut where you can hold it in place. i did the front with this trick in 20min. helped out a lot and thought that this info would help out someone else.

Edited by 2004ss (see edit history)

so i installed the shocks today which was a breez. on the stock shocks for the front i figured out that using a 17mm rench on the shock under the frame there is a part of the strut where you can hold it in place. i did the front with this trick in 20min. helped out a lot and thought that this info would help out someone else.

A 3/8" impact gun with a 20" extension and deep socket from under the hood will zip that nut off in 10-15 seconds, no extra wrench needed :thumbs:

How do they feel driving it ?? Is your truvk lowered at all ??

Guys was it me or do those shocks seem a bit pricey,it looked like 749.00 for the set and i would think maybe around 400.00 for the set,call me crazy.

$750 is crazy. Eshocks.com typically sells Bilsteins for $259 a set including shipping. I don't see them on their website yet though, so I sent an email on Friday but haven't heard back. They are also on ebay for $300 including shipping, as Chase mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...
so my truck isn't lowered at all but the shocks feel great. the ride is very smooth yet it handels like a dream through the turns. i love them and am very happy with the results from the shocks.

:cheers: I agree.I just put them on and love them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guys was it me or do those shocks seem a bit pricey,it looked like 749.00 for the set and i would think maybe around 400.00 for the set,call me crazy.

$750 is crazy. Eshocks.com typically sells Bilsteins for $259 a set including shipping. I don't see them on their website yet though, so I sent an email on Friday but haven't heard back. They are also on ebay for $300 including shipping, as Chase mentioned.

eShocks has these now, $239.80 for a set of 4 shocks including shipping.

jeff