Banks LBZ tuner

Jonmalibuss

Well after a long time waiting we are about to release our LBZ 6 gun tuner and my dad is one of the two beta testers, the tuner just got installed on his truck today and we are seeing an added 110hp on level 6 with the egt's maxing out around 1175* which is very safe. We are seeing right around 440hp or so at the rear wheels with like 850 ft lbs of torque. My dad asked me today if he will beable to leave from a stop and just burn the tires! :crackup: I said we'll see! The guy writing the tunes told me he got the ok to do a level 7 which isn't california legal for polution reasons because it'll block out the sun but make tons more power so I am gonna see if he has that ready soon and get him to load that into my dads truck!

The LBZ is an awesome motor stock, but with a CAI, Exhaust and Tuner it is just sick!!

I have a Hypertech Hyperpac on mine, along with a 4" Magnaflow and AirAid CAI. The Hyperpac is set on Stage 3 which is 85hp and 180 TQ on top of the 360/650 and Intake/Exhaust!!! I was one of the Beta testers for Hypertec, and never had a single problem with the unit.

I have a CC/LB with a Fiberglass Cap and loaded with tools and parts it it super quick. Coolest thing, is on a recent trip I got 26 MPG on the highway with the cruise set at 70!!!!!

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

Is this what you mean? :D

smoke

Or this??

more smoke

Thats a buddy of mines Dmax! Its one crazy truck!

2005 Duramax LLY

ATS Aurora 5k, Head studs, Socal Diesel Fuel pickup, FASS fuel system, 40 Injectors, ATS triple feed CP3, TS performance shim kit, PPE Duel Fueler CP3, AFE air intake, Auto meter gauges, EFI live, Custom 5" exhaust with Bully Dog muffler, 6" stack, Bully Dog trans with triple lock converter, Trans blanket, custom driveshaft hoops and u-joint blow shields, Rear roll pan, reese hitch with sled stops, Kill switch, Front weight bar, Tuff country 4" lift, Custom traction bars and drag-link anti roll, Tie rod sleeves, H2 wheels, 315/70r17 BFG's, Westin step bars, 5 window tint, Spray in bed linner.

Is this what you mean? :D

smoke

Or this??

more smoke

Thats a buddy of mines Dmax!  Its one crazy truck!

2005 Duramax LLY

ATS Aurora 5k, Head studs, Socal Diesel Fuel pickup, FASS fuel system, 40 Injectors, ATS triple feed CP3, TS performance shim kit, PPE Duel Fueler CP3, AFE air intake, Auto meter gauges, EFI live, Custom 5" exhaust with Bully Dog muffler, 6" stack, Bully Dog trans with triple lock converter, Trans blanket, custom driveshaft hoops and u-joint blow shields, Rear roll pan, reese hitch with sled stops, Kill switch, Front weight bar, Tuff country 4" lift, Custom traction bars and drag-link anti roll, Tie rod sleeves, H2 wheels, 315/70r17 BFG's, Westin step bars, 5 window tint, Spray in bed linner.

Yeah not quite that bad and no redneck stacks. We keep our stuff a bit more conservitive to keep the EGT's down and to keep the stock trans alive, we look for as much reliable power as we can get without hurting anything.

wow level 7 !! i need a ride!!!!

Yeah we have always had the 6 gun with obviously 6 levels of power but in states without harsh emissions before we did the PDA we had what we called the speed loader and it added an aditional level of power and it pluged in under the dash. Well with the PDA there is no need for the speed loader box because it's all controlled by the PDA but we still call it the speed loader. So the screen reads levels 1-6 and then SL which is just a level 7. The LBZ seems to have a bit more turbo lag than I remember the LLY having, but on SL once boost kicks in it's making about 30lbs and the tires begin to break loose. I also supprised my dad by having them install our catback exhaust system and I will be getting him our intake as well.

Jon,

That's pretty sweet, I bet your dad is really happy. Good christmas gift. Maybe you and your dad will come out to the California speedway event in January, I am hoping to have my truck done by then.

:cheers: thats what im talking about erik , we need some guys to run out there. hopefully reynaldo will make this one too.

Well Chase got a ride today and i'm sure he can comment on how much power it picked up over the stock tune (level 1) I made some adjustments in the PDA which increases the "throttle pump", pretty much just adding more fuel off the line which really helped eliminate a lot of turbo lag.

My dad also told me that the truck runs and idles much smoother now then it ever did before the tuner was added. It looks like all of that softwear and programming capabilities from bosch has paid off and we have even refined the stock tune to be smoother.