Banks LBZ tuner

Jonmalibuss

Well Chase got a ride today and i'm sure he can comment on how much power it picked up over the stock tune (level 1) I made some adjustments in the PDA which increases the "throttle pump", pretty much just adding more fuel off the line which really helped eliminate a lot of turbo lag.

My dad also told me that the truck runs and idles much smoother now then it ever did before the tuner was added. It looks like all of that softwear and programming capabilities from bosch has paid off and we have even refined the stock tune to be smoother.

That's good news for us diesel folks :cheers:

Well Chase got a ride today and i'm sure he can comment on how much power it picked up over the stock tune (level 1) I made some adjustments in the PDA which increases the "throttle pump", pretty much just adding more fuel off the line which really helped eliminate a lot of turbo lag.

My dad also told me that the truck runs and idles much smoother now then it ever did before the tuner was added. It looks like all of that softwear and programming capabilities from bosch has paid off and we have even refined the stock tune to be smoother.

I see your running some competitiors products! Are you one of those guys who is stuck with one product and puts everyone else down or are you up for the best bang for the buck? I know we are probably one of the most expensive diesel tuners out there but we are all about pulling the most power and keeping all the rest of the stock parts alive for those who wanna just ad more power to their truck with out having to worry about destroying a trans or a complete melt down. I'm not very familiar with other tuners out there but I can say that today my dad was infront of me and this damn thing pulled away from my VHO like I was standing still :eek: and this was on level 6, thats before the SL or (level 7) :thumbs:

I see your running some competitiors products! Are you one of those guys who is stuck with one product and puts everyone else down or are you up for the best bang for the buck? I know we are probably one of the most expensive diesel tuners out there but we are all about pulling the most power and keeping all the rest of the stock parts alive for those who wanna just ad more power to their truck with out having to worry about destroying a trans or a complete melt down. I'm not very familiar with other tuners out there but I can say that today my dad was infront of me and this damn thing pulled away from my VHO like I was standing still :eek: and this was on level 6, thats before the SL or (level 7) :thumbs:

Not sure if your addressing me or not. If you are then no, i'm not blindly loyal to one product as you should see. As far as the most bang for my buck I like the Predator and Edge products but will probably go with EFI live tuning in the future. The Edge has a good reputation with the Duramax guys at dieselplace.com especially with it's defueling and EGT protection settings. I'm also happy with the power and speed of this combo.

Not sure if your addressing me or not. If you are then no, i'm not blindly loyal to one product as you should see. As far as the most bang for my buck I like the Predator and Edge products but will probably go with EFI live tuning in the future. The Edge has a good reputation with the Duramax guys at dieselplace.com especially with it's defueling and EGT protection settings. I'm also happy with the power and speed of this combo.

Well thats cool and i'm glad your setup works well for you we tested the edge setup for the LBZ and it's only a matter of time before they have come backs and warranty issues. I just asked because most diesel guys are against banks for whatever reason and have nothing good to say but in the three years that I have been there I have never seen a major failure to the engine on a customers vehicle other than the 6.0 ford and thats because they streach the head bolts in time and adding more bost doesn't help so they wind up with blown head gaskets and they way we resolve the problem is to replace the bolts with ARP studs which is a no brainer. Other than that we have failed many transmissions in testing and thats just because we have to find the weak points somewhere to be able to stop it from happening to a customers truck.

Well I just got the intake for it today from work and I must say I see these pieces everyday and always knew we made a quality product but you don't realize it untill you actually install one on the vehicle itself. I am in the R&D department/race shop and I am not part of the dovelpoment of the product we sell for everyday vehicles, but if you know anything about the d-max you know what the MAF looks like and it's held in with some cheesy screws from the factory. We use steel inserts amd provide machine screws to hold it in and add a second O-ring to insure a perfect seal. Everything went well and fit perfect. The truck sounds pretty damn mean for a "stock" D-max. I consider it stock because I work with twin turbo D-max's on a daily basis which have to many mods to list and the only way to explain the way they sound is like a pissed off tractor maybe with a hint of the deep sound you would get out of a big block chevy.

Well thats cool and i'm glad your setup works well for you we tested the edge setup for the LBZ and it's only a matter of time before they have come backs and warranty issues. I just asked because most diesel guys are against banks for whatever reason and have nothing good to say but in the three years that I have been there I have never seen a major failure to the engine on a customers vehicle other than the 6.0 ford and thats because they streach the head bolts in time and adding more bost doesn't help so they wind up with blown head gaskets and they way we resolve the problem is to replace the bolts with ARP studs which is a no brainer. Other than that we have failed many transmissions in testing and thats just because we have to find the weak points somewhere to be able to stop it from happening to a customers truck.

From my point of view there are quite a few diesel folks happy with their Banks products and services :cheers:

From my point of view there are quite a few diesel folks happy with their Banks products and services :cheers:

Good to hear! :cheers: