Hello from another SS in the UK

jcb

Hi, saying hello from the UK from another SS owner.

After having a 1985 K70 diesel chevvy for 10 years what else could my new truck be but an SS.

Couldn't get one in UK, so bought a lovely 2004 Arrival Blue one from Rochester NY early April. Couldn't wait for its 'Arrival' but that was end June.

We are just starting to research things like super chargers & other performance goodies for it.

We've been lurking for a while and think its a great site.

Perhaps better become a supporting member now!

bye for now,

Ivan

Hi Ivan Good to see you posting buddy, i lurked for a while till i found my SS which you've probably sussed i bought from a member on here, it's now on its way accross the atlantic and should arrive between Christmas and new year, gonna be a long month waiting, do you attend any of the UK Shows? Billing, Americana etc? or use any UK forums? i co-own rebel-v8.com web site which is the forum with no decorum well thats what classic american magazine said when they gave us a plug in the mag last year,bunch of UK based American car nuts who take the piss out of anyone and everything but all in good fun..

i'm really enjoying silveradoss mind :driving: lots of good info on trucks and mods,

take care buddy and maybe we can meet up i dont think there are many SS owners over here in the UK.

EAMONN

Hi Ivan Good to see you posting buddy, i lurked for a while till i found my SS which you've probably sussed i bought from a member on here, it's now on its way accross the atlantic and should arrive between Christmas and new year, gonna be a long month waiting, do you attend any of the UK Shows? Billing, Americana etc? or use any UK forums? i co-own rebel-v8.com web  site which is the forum with no decorum well thats what classic american magazine said when they gave us a plug in the mag last year,bunch of UK based American car nuts who take the piss out of anyone and everything but all in good fun..

i'm really enjoying silveradoss mind :driving:  lots of good info on trucks and mods,

take care buddy and maybe we can meet up i dont think there are many SS owners over here in the UK.

EAMONN

looks to me like at least a couple of Brits are gonna leave the UK alittle black and blue....

damn that was lame. stupid beer!!

nice to see the SSS has gone global. Eamonn, hope your's arrives closer to xmas than claser to New Year's.

I'm still trying to get over a supercharged SSS in the UK. street domination.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :thumbs:

Like the the bit about us leaving the UK Black & Blue, now all we need is someone to help us paint the town RED! :cheers:

Don't know anyone else like CHEIL with one over here :dunno:

Hi Eamonn, nice to have another SS buddy in the UK, guess we may be the only 2 admitting it so far! We did see another one earlier on this year but heard it was sold to Greece.

We are in our local American car club, meet monthly, but only last couple of months. Went to your side of Newark on the Lincoln road, end Nov, to another club, nice Pub. think they meet again end Jan. Guy there had a genuine Dodge Indy 500 pace truck, looked same colour as ours!

Plan to do a few shows next year and look forward to meeting up once you're on the road , mate :cheers:

Been looking at a Ridix blower but I guess I should also upgrade brakes to handle all that power.

Don't know whether to go BAER or WILWOOD, any advice? :dunno:

Brakes are stock on the SS at the moment but i'm looking into upgrading, they were OK on Floridas nice open highways but as you know UK roads ain't quite as good lol, and of course it rains a lot so a brake upgrade is on my list of first mods when it arrives, i'll let you know what i get unless you fancy a group buy and split the shipping, i've got a couple of guys who can ship for me.. good having buddys stateside..

So any other SS members in the UK??? would be good if we had a Victory red and a Silver one over here we could park up and show the full colour range lol

eamonn

• 2 weeks later...