Killing half shafts

:banghead: well after turning a corner up the road from the house, the passenger side haflshaft went. It took the axle tube with it. Gm told us the supercharger was at fault. no more warrenty! well after 1700 $ and a week and a half. I pick it up tuesday and friday getting out of the parking lot the passenger side half shaft goes again. get it towed to gm and the head mechanic basically said it is the belltech drop spindles and aftermarket sway bar. insist we screwed it up and he will not touch it.

any Ideas as to why this is happing all of the sudden? is has been supercharged and dropped for 3k miles now with no problem. I am at the end of the rope with this front end. I am either stipping this ss down and getting a reg cab 2wd or ditching the AWD.

any one have a clue?

thanks

:banghead:

Edited by BLACK AND BLOWN (see edit history)

get a reg cab like me!!!and supercharge it..lol i wish i could help about your problem, that sucks that the dealer wont touch it now. i have heard of a growling problem in the ss but not a problem like yours. well hope you get your answer!~~~Kyle

here's my try...

I was changing my oil one time and noticed a bunch of grease all over the inner wheel. Off to the dealer and I had my boot replaced. I could guess if the same happened to yours and you did not notice it might cause them to fail :confused:

I dont know of anybody, even them 11.xx SSS guys, have not broken their shafts, and we have wondered if there would be a hp level where you would need to upgrade them...but no one has gotten there. So I an interested in your results. :dunno:

:banghead:  well after turning a corner up the road from the house, the passenger side haflshaft went. It took the axle tube with it. Gm told us the supercharger was at fault. no more warrenty! well after 1700 $ and a week and a half. I pick it up tuesday and friday getting out of the parking lot the passenger side half shaft goes again. get it towed to gm and the head mechanic basically said it is the belltech drop spindles and aftermarket sway bar. insist we screwed it up and he will not touch it.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I took my truck in a few weeks ago (Dealer) has a noise in the dash, just because I had a alarm put in it was not covered now. I HATE

DEALERS :mad:

05 with 4,900 miles on it :confused:

Lowered for 30K miles and SC'd for 15k no problems with half shafts. The dealer will try and get out of fixing shit. Look up the Moss-magnuson act...they have to prove the aftermarket stuff killed your shaft or they pay. See if they black listed you and reinstall your stock spindles and go somewhere else for warranty

Dave

I remember a year back there was a HalfShaft advertised on TRUCKS on spiketv. They were for what Stacy David said extreme conditions they are built to the same specs as Indycar halfshafts. Sorry for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the company but I remember they were $1500 each and they were "indestructable". Try a search if you dont think the drop is your issue.

Barney