OK, First track run, stock SS

CNE

Well, I wanted to get some stock times before I started tweaking. The only track I can go to right now is 1/8th mile but here's what went down. Fisrt, I'm bone stock except for a K&N CAI, It was on the truck when I bought it.

RT (sucked) .317

60 ft. 2.17

ET. 9.48

This was the best run of the day as far as ET goes. I ran 2-9.49's, a 9.53, 9.56, 9.62, and 2-9.75's. Oh, the best part was spanking an '84 Corvette that ran a 9.74. I don't think he was expecting that. It was test and tune day, he got there late and pulled up beside me when I was getting ready to run. He wouldn't talk to me after that. His friend did make a 9.50 pass on the car later. Well, stall, cam, tune and 125 shot coming soon. Any ideas what I might see with that?

Edited by CNE (see edit history)

Yeah I had noticed that it was faster than some guys with some tunes already. Probably has to do with the region. It was sunny and about 60 degrees. I plan on a cam (possibly the one SSThunder has, if anyone has dealt with him before, let me know, I just don't want to get stuck, I'm sure he's an OK guy), pushrods, springs, LS2 chain, t-stat, nitrous (100-125 shot), and a custom tune. I will probably look into headers and exhaust later, just trying to make the biggest gains first. There is a 1/4 mile track about an hour away that is still open, I want to make some 1/4 passes too. I'll post 'em when I get 'em.

Yeah I had noticed that it was faster than some guys with some tunes already. Probably has to do with the region. It was sunny and about 60 degrees. I plan on a cam (possibly the one SSThunder has, if anyone has dealt with him before, let me know, I just don't want to get stuck, I'm sure he's an OK guy), pushrods, springs, LS2 chain, t-stat, nitrous (100-125 shot), and a custom tune. I will probably look into headers and exhaust later, just trying to make the biggest gains first. There is a 1/4 mile track about an hour away that is still open, I want to make some 1/4 passes too. I'll post 'em when I get 'em.

I've sold a CAI to someone on here. I guess that's about it. I've purchased headers, chrome wheels and recently radix joe gibbs brackets. you can check my feedback out on eBay. I've been an eBay power seller for around 4 years now. My eBay ID is pro_audio_superstore eBay ID

Leave in the _ ,it's part of my ID. Also my web business web site is hereMy Webpage

Sounds good, I wasn't trying to imply you were crooked, I'm just leary of mailing somebody money. I hope you understand. I could pay you through Paypal, or just mail a check. My Paypal account hasn't been touched in a long time and the bank account I had setup is closed due to a marraige seperation. I'll get with you after the 1st. Later, Mack.

Sounds good, I wasn't trying to imply you were crooked, I'm just leary of mailing somebody money. I hope you understand. I could pay you through Paypal, or just mail a check. My Paypal account hasn't been touched in a long time and the bank account I had setup is closed due to a marraige seperation. I'll get with you after the 1st. Later, Mack.

That's cool. I totally understand. Sounds good.

SSThunder sold his previous CAI induction to me, so I will gladly vouch for his credibility. By the way, good times on the stock truck!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, cam is here, got to pick up my springs and pushrods, TB converter will be ordered next week, installing HP clutches, Kevlar band, shift kit, servos, unbreakable sunshell, custom tune all at the same time. I am seriously thinking about goin ahead with headers, exhaust and the nitrous at the same time and get it over with. Didn't want to spend that much money at one time, but I'm impatient. :ughdance:

OK, cam is here, got to pick up my springs and pushrods, TB converter will be ordered next week, installing HP clutches, Kevlar band, shift kit, servos, unbreakable sunshell, custom tune all at the same time. I am seriously thinking about goin ahead with headers, exhaust and the nitrous at the same time and get it over with. Didn't want to spend that much money at one time, but I'm impatient. :ughdance:

I know the feeling. I didn't really want to drop a ton like I did for the SC setup but the deal was great so I said why wait. Now to get that SOB put on. Sounds like your trans will be build pretty good. Post some times when you get it all done. I'm guessing you're going to be pretty fast in the 1/4. We had a NOS guy at our SS GTG in KY. I think he ran 13's with the NOS and later hit 12's so you should be pretty fast with all your mods. :D