Chase your famous

rsharpe13

Hey chase they are talking about you....

''I'm depressed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been sorta following the drama with the SS guys over at TT and I went over to their forum just b/c there was nothing else to do right now. Man the aftermarket support for these guys is UNBELIEVABLE. For instance this dude's mods (He's running high 11's in the 1/4)

Quote:

Vortech T trim supercharger 3.1 pulley w maxflow bov ,mototron 60lb injectors, Fluiddyne heat exchanger w/e-fans and n20 purge ,Toy Shop Built 4l65e vette servos with TCS 2800 stall,tru-cool 47391,MSD plug wires ,ngk tr6(.035),Zippy tuned pcm,Outlaw CAI,Magnaflow dual in/out 3" magnaflow met cats,pacesetter LT headers,dougs E-Cutouts,05 e-fans,160 T-stat,Alumasport Baer brakes w/ stainless lines,Gaylord speedsturr bed cover,BSER roll pan w/hitch,McGaughy 2-3 deluxe kit w/beltech bumpstops/6*shims/ nitro active shocks(front/rear) ,precison billet grill,chromed bumper ducts,Goodmark cowl hood,Shopman1 bowtie,Chrome SS Emblems.Shaved tailgate ,Motoforge 22's(22x10) powdercoated black,Toyo proxes 305/40/22,5000K philips h.i.d. kit, hotchkis anti-sway bars ,aeroforce interceptor gauge,Valentine1,optima yellow,200 amp alt,smoked tails w/led third.autometer phantom2 boost and fuel press gauges, pinned crank,magnavolt boost-a-pump w255lph walbro,ported tb w/bypass, nitrous express wet kit .hp tuners, lm1 wideband Zippy Performance

Check out the vid:http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...4600f1bac1.htm

I posted a while back that I was considering trading in for a Z or possibly a '05 Vette and buying a beater truck. In the end, I decided to try and make this thing faster. It's just insanely frustrating seeing what's available for others when all we have is a mail-in tuner and an exhaust. Yeah, there's the SC, but that's not even gonna compete with what available for the competition. I won't lie....I have been eying the Vortech Max Silverado. I just don't like the looks of it all that much. I feel pretty sure I could be in the low 13's real quick with a few mods to that though.

Just needed to vent for minute....but it still sucks, lol.''

Thats what they had to say about you!!!

eh...if he really wants a fast truck that is cheap to mod get a lightning or a harley. the SS is not CHEAP :nono: !

And Im sure Chase will concur. However I got the SS for looks and still being able to tow etc. I lugged a good 500 pounds of rocks a month or so ago so the SS is no trailer queen...

Human nature to always want more or envy your neighbor. Grass is always greener on the other side. What is funny is that that guy drives a what? $30k plus truck? He should thank his lucky stars that he can even afford such a thing. Do you know how many people are driving 1991 Chevy S10's and S15's or Rangers with the doors duck taped on? Seriously. I think about that every time I get jealous of like a CTS-V or 2006 corvette or something. I drive a $40k msrp truck with leather and heated seats...Hell Some people have to ride the bus!

yes be thankful.......but i dont pitty the poor....i work my ass off for my truck...and lucky for me i dont have too many other bills right now......MOST people that drive hunks of crap choose to spend there money on other things......i spend mine on my ride......

The TT contributor quoted above appears to have the impression that one can just buy an 11-second truck. :nono: I really don't have much respect for people with that kind of approach, ie "just throw money at it". :icon_bs:

It all comes down to how bad you want it. Do you want an 11-second Titan so bad that you will devote a good part of your life to that effort? They say, no will no way. I'll give an extreme example here, but if the Titan contributor above wanted it bad enough he would go to school to learn how to hack that PCM and program it himself, but he doesn't want it that bad.

No one ever just bolts parts onto a truck and *shazaaam* runs 11's; it's obvious that Chase has spent the dedication required to achieve his goals. And that I admire - deeply. Likewise I had the dinner a couple weekends ago with BadBlackHemi, and he's got his Hemi Dodge running mid-12's the hard way (no aftermarket support) and he did it mostly with lots of hard-nosed dedication. :thumbs: As we were leaving he was talking about what it would take to really crack the Chrysler ECM, or even replace it with a GM PCM... Now THAT's the approach of a champion.

IMO there are only a couple guys on TT that really get it, they're the couple lone wolves modding their trucks largely on their own and I really respect that. The other 95% are just whining and using a public forum for nothing more than an online gentleman's club, and that's fine I have nothing against that. But if they were really serious about pursuing a performance goal with their truck of choice they should use the forum as a tool to get organized, put their heads together, and overcome their obstacles.

OK rant off...

Mr. P.