Got my First ticket...

fordsareslow

I could be wrong on the mounted thing.  The ticket shows a Lidar was used, and I know he didn't have anything in his hands.  I thought the Lidar's are fixed mounted and the Radar's are held in the hands of the officer.  :dunno:     

I already have the week off being that it's my birthday so I have no problem going to court.  Trust me, if I knew I was speeding, I would just pay it and go to traffic school so nothing would be on my record, but the fact of I know I wasn't speeding, I just can't justify paying it and letting it go.

Radars can be mounted or handheld. I'm pretty sure lidars are only handheld though. Here's an article on lidars, http://www.officer.com/publication/article...ubId=1&id=33486

ok heres the problem with going to court. i no many cops around here so i am "takin" care off unless i really screw up but the thing about court. one of my really close freinds is a cop and he says just for walking into the court house on a day he has it for a speeding ticket he gets a min. of 4 hours pay. no matter if hes in there for 10 mins he still gets paid. so its kind of worth them going to court. but if you didnt stand out he might forget you and not even show up. court dates a while from now so he might pull over 50 more cars and have there problems to worry about. just be polite and most likely it will go good in your favor.

ive got a few tickets and here i just pay the fine usually around 140 bucks and they put me on a 6 mo. probation if i get another one within that 6 months they both go on my record.....ive had 2 tickets one 25 over and one 15 over. and a DUI and a swirving left of center and i have a CLEAN record. :cool:

Go to googlemaps.com print out a satellite picture of the rode/intersection that this all happened in, this will give them a visual aide, if satellite pics aren’t available take pictures yourself, next do the measurements to the exact location of where he would have clocked you in relation to the exit of the Sonic. Next, bring your girlfriend with you and take her car, inform them that you have a BONE stock single cab Chevy pickup (now’s not the time to brag. lol. ) and it’s mechanically not capable to accelerate to 52mph in the distance that you traveled. Don’t bring letters of recommendation, this isn’t an interview, lol. Dress nice, kiss ass, and good luck. I went through this two years ago, nearly the exact same situation, take measurements and do the math, because numbers don’t lie….cops do :crackup: