A good head set to run with Radix

When I put the radix n, I am also going to go with the GT2-3 cam by spring and I also want to add some heads. What would be the best heads to go with in this scenario? I know the Dart heads are pretty much out because of the smaller chamber size, raising compression = bad for blowers...lol. What about the AFR mongoose head in 225cc with 72cc chamber? What is the stock chamber size on the LQ9? 76cc? I don't recall. Would it even be worth it with a blower?

Yeah...I have the exhaust side pretty much covered. I was just thinking that maybe adding a good set of high flowing heads might help lower the boost required to move the same amount of air into the motor, thus lowering air temperature and essentially making it easier for a smaller pulley. We did this on the L67 3800's all the time. A high flowing head would help lower boost but still allow the same amount of air moved through the motor. If it is insignificant on our trucks, then I wont do it. It provided huge gains on the L67 though.

I would work the exhaust side if anything.  As for bang for the buck, I wouldn't expect much based on other's experiences.

looks like hes already got that done. sig

i think he meant "exhaust side" as in the exhaust ports on the head he decides to go with. well the l92 arent an optiuon for a radix with the ports they have. a good bang for your buck would be some patriot heads, they flow pretty well on the exhaust side even compared to the l92's an dthey can be had for a bit over 1k assembled, i have a set of them sitting here but im not sure what to do with them, if your interested i can make you a good deal, they are brand new.

My question to you is what is your ultimate goal.. just about any head out there that adds good power pushes the compression up. I am running the Dart 225 heads and N/A I will throw my truck up against most radix trucks. And I have alot less involved on horsepower than on boost at this time.. The other thing I think that needs to be pointed out if you are talking bang for your buck are you planning on going to the 122 setup later? Because quite honestly everyone here knows the 112 is limted with the lq9 the guys that we have here on ss.com have pretty much pushed the 112 as fast as they can go krambo, holty ect.. I think if you really plan to go fast you might want to save up for that 122 before you do heads.. just my .02

My target goal is 12 flat. 12.0...if I break into 11s eventually great. I was hoping heads and cam with radix would get me there. Maybe the radix is the wrong path for me then. I keep bouncing back and forth between different options, including a 408, vortech, etc. I ruled out the procharger, the gains just dont seem to be there and I wont go with an STS or turbo, too much headache. I dont expect this to be easy, but it shouldnt be a nightmare.

Here are my goals. Daily driver (realizing any 12.0 truck wont be 100% reliable, I can accept this to a certain degree, like blown tranny etc. but not blown motor.) I tow a boat often. I drive long trips frequently. I want to run low 12s consistantly. I have about $5k or so (if I sold the Radix) to work with total. I dont think I can get a 408 for that with heads installed, correct me if I'm wrong. I know the 408 would be the most reliable if built right. I keep spinning my wheels...changing my mind on what to do. I have had this dam radix sitting in the garage for months now, almost sold it twice and decided to keep it. Someone slap...Im driving myself crazy...seriously.

The radix isn't a bad option. I run low 12's and I drive it every day. No reliability problems with the motor... I did have to do a performance rebuild on the tranny, it just couldn't handle the power.

My radix set up has beeen taken just about as far as possible and still remain a reliable street set up though. I use HP tuners to insure I don't have any detination problems. I have the radix set up for 8.5 lbs of boost. I do have long tubes and high flow cats and electric fans etc. which helps. So far 50k miles no engine problems and was one of the first radix trucks out there.

All that said I'm just wating for it to go then I'm going for the full treament on the 408. No substitution for cubes. I'm gonna build mine for a procharger setup. But I'm driving it like it is until it bites the dust....so far it's rock soild.