SS stock brakes

WANNARACEMYSS

I have had my truck into my dealer twice now because the stock brakes just seem a lttle spongy like. I was told that, that the hydrobusted sport brakes are suppost to respond that way. It just doesn't feel right when I am at a stop and the peddle pretty much goes to the floor with no resistance at all. I have had a couple people take it for a test drive to get their opinion on the brakes and they also thinks it brakes funny. The dealer say they are working fine. So my question is does anyone have the same kind of braking response on there stock hydrobusted brakes. :dunno:

All the AWD SS trucks have the mashed-potatoe brake feel :puke: I installed the SS brake lines & Baer Alumasports and it's now tolerable but even my '73 Chevy truck had better brake feel, that thing was like stomping down on a concrete step.

Mr. P.

yea your brakes are vaccum assisted, only HDs are hydraulic. if it hasnt chnaged and this is how the trucks always been, its totally normal. they have horrible pedal feel. they stop ok, it just takes about a foot of travel to accomplish it. if you had a leak it would throw a code, and the truck wouldnt stop. sounds fine to me.....

It seems like it has always been like that. The truck always comes to a stop, it just feels mashpotatoe like. That was another good description. The service advisor and I both took a ride and he said that it braked fine and that he would have drive another SS just to be sure. But both times they resurfaced my rotors and cleaned my pads. They were a little glazy they said(brake pads).

Take it to another dealer because your truck does not have a hydraboost braking system.

Are you serious. They told me that the SS has sport braking. For smoother braking. They said they were called hydraboost brakes. My pops has a 2004 2500HD duramax and I believe he has hydraboost brakes.

Take it to another dealer because your truck does not have a hydraboost braking system.

Are you serious. They told me that the SS has sport braking. For smoother braking. They said they were called hydraboost brakes. My pops has a 2004 2500HD duramax and I believe he has hydraboost brakes.

Thats because it's turbocharged and doesn't make enough vacuum to make vacuum assisted brakes work correctly. I know some suburbans have hydraboost systems in them as well. we have an 03 Z71 and it does we also have an 05 at work and it also has a hydraboost braking system and it failed within the first 500 miles off the lot. That type of system uses the powersteering pump to "boost" the braking power and it's pretty damn funny when it fails. At low speed you could turn the wheel slightly in this thing and the brakes would apply :eek:

My bmw has that type of braking system, coming home from adams one day on the freeway onramp, the high pressure power steering hose blew, leaving me with out power brakes or steering. The car lit up like a cristmas tree with all of the codes and warnings that came up. It wasnt the funnest ride home, getting that car to stop was a bear.

after my low speed accident I took my truck in to see what was up. Everything checke dout normal, but the best response I got was from some mechanic who pulled me aside and said the brake pads that come on our trucks tend to leave brake dust on the disc instead of blowing away and its getting trapped between the pads and rotor not allowing full stopping potential. Whether it is BS or not I dont know, but I do know that SS lines and new pads are on the way for my truck after the BS wreck I had, when my brakes didnt stop me when I was doing 35mph