n2opwr

I ran my truck last night at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA. My first run was [email protected], that is with a flowmaster muffler, a cold air box and a 200lb tonneau cover. It just so happens that I weighed the truck yesterday too. I was at Pull-A-Part and asked them if I could drive it on the scales. It weighs 5460 pounds w/o me in it. When I went in to see how much it weighed the guy said to me "ten dollars for ever hundred pounds" as if I was selling it for scrap. That's a lot more than the 4919 pounds of the truck that Truckin Magazine tested and it ran [email protected].

My second run was [email protected] with a 75hp shot of nitrous. My third was my best [email protected]. My final run was [email protected], I think it fell off b/c the bottle was probably getting low and I don't have a bottle heater. The air temperature was probably around 60 degrees, I didn't pay attention.

If I go back this year I might step up to 100 or 125 hp jets. I don't want to abuse it too much, it's my daily driver, I have a race car for that.

Byron

red,

I have been seeing quite a few. My best friend has a blue one. I decided to get one because his truck did such a good job towing my race car compared to my 99 5.3 ext. Silverado. There is a guy that lives in the same town as me (Loganville) that has a black one just like mine, tonneau cover and all. People tell me that they see me all the time driving around, but it's the other guy, b/c it's usually when I am at work. I know Commerce is a long way away from you, but there are two more nights left this season Nov. 14 & 21. $10 to watch and $15 to race, gates open at 6, run til midnight.

I work in Conyers at Chili's. I may have seen the black one you are talking about S Minton. I was driving my mom's camaro when I saw it and at first I thought it was my mom driving my truck. That's one reason why I so desperately want to do something with my wheels to try to make it look different from the rest.

If you guys from GA want to meet up and possibly go to the races Nov. 14 or 21, I'm game. I will see if my friend will go and take his blue ss. I need an excuse to try the bigger jets anyways, not to mention this will be our last chance of the season to race there.

Byron

I tell you what...I am just going to plan on going Nov. 21 unless something out of my control comes up. I know of two other SS owners that I may be able to get to go too. So that would be a total of 8 if you good get your neighbor to go.

Archived