5 day Ban

gixxerrider

Well I basicly cussed and be littled a member for his actions.

wahhhhh, wahhhhh!

are we becoming politically correct here now?

must we be mindful of others feelings?

I thought this was a forum for a bunch of guys (and a couple gals, sorry Kim)

to hang out and be guys, which includes raggin on each other, some colorful language and a lot of shop talk. :cheers:

Are we gonna have to get Gloria Alread, Al Sharpton and Katie Couric to start monitoring us for content. I just can't believe that people are so uptight these days on a message board. :rant:

OK, I'm done. Just my .02

wahhhhh, wahhhhh!

to hang out and be guys, which includes raggin on each other, some colorful language and a lot of shop talk. :cheers:

Are we gonna have to get Gloria Alread, Al Sharpton and Katie Couric to start monitoring us for content. I just can't believe that people are so uptight these days on a message board. :rant:

There's a huge difference between acting like a bunch of guys and playfully raggin' on someone as opposed to belittling and cursing at them. This isn't some hater forum where we come to trash talk each other like all the ricer forums. The community and respect people have for each other is what makes this SilveradoSS.com and not just the same old flame forum. If you don't agree, you should probably go somewhere else.

Unless you're in Gasoline Alley the cursing is monitored. They're not Nazis about it but when it starts to get out of hand they'll edit posts. It's not that big of a deal to me. If you want to cuss, become a supporting member and hang out in Gasoline Alley.

:withstupid: if you want to be a ' good ol boy ' and talk like a sailor and be confrontational ... they made Gasoline Alley for that purpose.

This site is very mixed in its members. There are GM professionals on here ... a lot of industry heads on here. We are given privledged information and sneak peaks of stuff that the typical public doesn't receive until much later. We are granted special insight from the designer of everything from aftermarket parts to the Silverado SS itself. This site is more than a bunch of newbies getting together to share their kills and be e-thugs, it is a community which takes care of its own and uses its resources to better the community as a whole.

SSS.com is about sharing techincal information and creating long term bonds that extend past drinking stories and screen names. I guess I can't explain the culture of SSS.com .... it is something you get or you don't.

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

wahhhhh, wahhhhh!

There's a huge difference between acting like a bunch of guys and playfully raggin' on someone as opposed to belittling and cursing at them. This isn't some hater forum where we come to trash talk each other like all the ricer forums. The community and respect people have for each other is what makes this SilveradoSS.com and not just the same old flame forum. If you don't agree, you should probably go somewhere else.

Unless you're in Gasoline Alley the cursing is monitored. They're not Nazis about it but when it starts to get out of hand they'll edit posts. It's not that big of a deal to me. If you want to cuss, become a supporting member and hang out in Gasoline Alley.

I can't say as to what took place to get gixx banned, but apparently who ever was on the other end of his rant most likely deserved it. I've read his posts, and he doesn't seem to just launch on people for no reason.

That being said, i don't get on here "just to cuss", read MY posts. I'm a grown man, and I cuss a little, so what. It would be quite another thing if people just got on and posted a topic full of filth. I just think it's a bit overzealous to ban someone for giving somebody a little lip, when chances are they probably deserved it.

I wouldn't just start flaming on someone for no apparent reason, nor would most anyone on here, but I'll not tiptoe around if I feel I have something to say either.

Just my opinion, you know what those are like!

:withstupid: if you want to be a ' good ol boy ' and talk like a sailor and be confrontational ... they made Gasoline Alley for that purpose.

This site is very mixed in its members.  There are GM professionals on here ... a lot of industry heads on here.  We are given privledged information and sneak peaks of stuff that the typical public doesn't receive until much later.  We are granted special insight from the designer of everything from aftermarket parts to the Silverado SS itself.  This site is more than a bunch of newbies getting together to share their kills and be e-thugs, it is a community which takes care of its own and uses its resources to better the community as a whole.

SSS.com is about sharing techincal information and creating long term bonds that extend past drinking stories and screen names.  I guess I can't explain the culture of SSS.com .... it is something you get or you don't.

For now, I'll take the "good ole boy" comment as a compliment!

This site is very mixed in its members.  There are GM professionals on here ... a lot of industry heads on here.  We are given privledged information and sneak peaks of stuff that the typical public doesn't receive until much later.  We are granted special insight from the designer of everything from aftermarket parts to the Silverado SS itself.  This site is more than a bunch of newbies getting together to share their kills and be e-thugs, it is a community which takes care of its own and uses its resources to better the community as a whole.

SSS.com is about sharing techincal information and creating long term bonds that extend past drinking stories and screen names.  I guess I can't explain the culture of SSS.com .... it is something you get or you don't.

Big O,

Thanks for the compliment of being a sailor, 11.5 yrs of training. 8.5 more to go. I am trying to keep my thoughts to myself, or I will now about people being st&*it

Guys ... I wasn't speaking about anyone specifically ... I was just reitterating what has been said previously when this type of topic came up. When I first came on there was a HUGE debate on whether or not to allow Girlie sig pics. They were not generally accepted and there was a huge debate on this topic.

I did not mean to attack anyone on this issue, just telling my memory on the explainations given by the owner of the site about why the rules are like they are.