Anyone run a 06' GT mustang in a SSS?

1 Fast SS

I was coming home from work tonight and was behind a new 06' GT Mustang. I was behind him turning onto a side street close to my house. He seen my truck behind him and gunned it. I said to myself, WTH, why not. He had a stick shift too, cuz I could see the tires smoke alittle when he shifted. Anyway, we were doing about 90 down this side street and I was gaining on him, not fast, but I could see his bumber getting closer. I couldn't believe this was happening. I've never raced a GT, because they are suppose to be fast. I wouldn't consider this being a kill, but I never thought my SS would catch up to him. We both decided to slow down, because of a turn-around was coming up. That made my night tonight.

I was coming home from work tonight and was behind a new 06' GT Mustang. I was behind him turning onto a side street close to my house. He seen my truck behind him and gunned it. I said to myself, WTH, why not. He had a stick shift too, cuz I could see the tires smoke alittle when he shifted. Anyway, we were doing about 90 down this side street and I was gaining on him, not fast, but I could see his bumber getting closer. I couldn't believe this was happening. I've never raced a GT, because they are suppose to be fast. I wouldn't consider this being a kill, but I never thought my SS would catch up to him. We both decided to slow down, because of a turn-around was coming up. That made my night tonight.

Right on man!! when i went to the track, there was a chick in a new GT she couldent get anybetter than a 15.7. I almost crapped mysef when i saw her time. She had to be just aweful at driving. I wouldent dare mess with one even tho seeing this. I cant wait till i can meet up with ya and run. Youll prolly easily pull me if ur catchin GTs. keep up the good work.

Most 06 stock GTs are running 13.8 and slower at the track and trapping at 101-102mph on stock wheels. Better have your boots laced up if you are going to run them and win.

or get a TBSS :jester:

Well, he must have let off then, cuz I know my truck is not doing 13's, maybe someday though when I put my Procharger on!

I had a run against a convertible 06 one time. We didn't even start from a dig at all. We both hit it at about 30 mph and I took 4-5 truck lenghts instantly and he finally was able to meet me at 90 mph. Froget it from a dead stop :crackup:

My uncle just bougth a left over '06 GT. When he breaks it in, I plan on running him heads up. I will post the outcome sometime in the future. I honestly don't think that a 5000 pound truck that has basic mods like mine could beat a 3000 pound car with 300hp, we will see. Maybe in a few years when I add a Vortech supercharger I will smoke him for sure. :chevy:

My uncle just bougth a left over '06 GT.  When he breaks it in, I plan on running him heads up.  I will post the outcome sometime in the future.  I honestly don't think that a 5000 pound truck that has basic mods like mine could beat a 3000 pound car with 300hp, we will see.  Maybe in a few years when I add a Vortech supercharger I will smoke him for sure.  :chevy:

You will loose even if he sucks at driving. :dunno:

My uncle just bougth a left over '06 GT.  When he breaks it in, I plan on running him heads up.  I will post the outcome sometime in the future.  I honestly don't think that a 5000 pound truck that has basic mods like mine could beat a 3000 pound car with 300hp, we will see.  Maybe in a few years when I add a Vortech supercharger I will smoke him for sure.  :chevy:

You will loose even if he sucks at driving. :dunno:

yeah I have a feeling that I will be playing catch up. :ughdance:

Unless be just blows the tires off. If so hold her to the floor and make him catch ya.

my only saving grace would be if he broke traction and I hooked up right away. Ah, who the hell knows. Lets just see what happens in the future. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...