Goodyear belt tentioner

jboyss

Well i got sick of the cheezy ass belt tensioner from dayco. So i bought the right one from goodyear. There is only one small problem that makes it not work. I wish it would because it is so much beefier. Here are some pics.

post-4893-1166831447_thumb.jpgpost-4893-1166831495_thumb.jpg The little knub that sticks out on the goodyear doesnt fit into the hole on the radix bracket. Its a tiny bit bigger but just wont work. I wonder if maybe i can grind it down to make it work, i just dont know whats under it and id hate to ruin it.

post-4893-1166831039_thumb.jpg

post-4893-1166831514_thumb.jpg

Edited by jboyss (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
I want to use the Katech, but they don't recommend it if you run a SC.  My first Dayco only took a couple days to explode.

I am back to a stocker now, so keep us posted on how this turns out.

im in the same boat and i want to use it too , even though it says not to use it. i know some cobra gus are running manual tensioners. ive got a few extra stock tensioners, im trying to find a way to make them tighter with a bigger spring or something. ive been trying to solve my belt problems forever now, i have done a few new thign so i will find out if it haens this time again.

you guyz are way maxing out the tensioner...somthings gotta give...the belts good for about 20 hp + or -(draw) on a 6 rib. the belt streches and flexes during shifts..

releasing and contracting(bottoming to no pressure) on the tension causing it to destroy itself.

a stronger or manual tensioner will help to a point..but at the cost of

blower,alternator,or power/s bearings.. only soulution is. seperate belt( cog or 10 rib) with hd bearings on the blower...

someone has to make gilmers for u..