compression ratio

hey guys,

I'm looking at putting a set of heads and a cam in my truck, the heads I'm looking at right now are 59 cc chambers and based off what i found with a stock gm gasket that will me at 11.1-11.2 compression. Does any one have any concerns with that high of ratio on 93 octane with 10% ethanol???

Also, i know this is only static compression and dynamic is the one you can play with a little via cam. I don't understand how to figure out dynamic ratio thou. can any one explain that to me?? I was thinking of using the xr275hr cam: 275,277 advertised, 222,[email protected] and .566,.568 lift on a 112.

Thanks much and please offer all opinions on compression and cams

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

hey guys,

I'm looking at putting a set of heads and a cam in my truck, the heads I'm looking at right now are 59 cc chambers and based off what i found with a stock gm gasket that will me at 11.1-11.2 compression.  Does any one have any concerns with that high of ratio on 93 octane with 10% ethanol???

Also, i know this is only static compression and dynamic is the one you can play with a little via cam.  I don't understand how to figure out dynamic ratio thou.  can any one explain that to me??  I was thinking of using the xr275hr cam:  275,277 advertised, 222,[email protected] and .566,.568 lift on a 112.

Thanks much and please offer all opinions on compression and cams

Brad

Brad,

From the specs you gave, I think you should be ok. There is a few more things you will have to know in order to figure it out. If you do a search over at ls1tech.com, you should find a ton of posts about this. A couple guys also give links or attachments for SCR/DCR calculators that you can use. I got mine from there :cool:

Edited by SuperSport (see edit history)

i tried doing some searching and found some answers but not sure if they are for the lq9.

I found:

bore: 4.00"

stroke: 3.622

i think the piston to deck clearance is .025?

what is our rod legth? 6.096?

what is the head gasket bore? 4.04?

What is the head gasket thickness for a lq9 gm gasket. .052 compressed?

Thanks guys for any help! This my first go around on figuring this out.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...