ah crap , wtf?????????

04CHASE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chase,

Is it possible that the person who welded them on melted them? You could super heat the casing enough to melt the material couldnt you? Just a thought...not throwing stones ya know, since I dont even know how to weld yet.

Also, they told you that a 9:1 AFR for 3 minutes is what is required to melt them right? Sounds like they just dont want to warranty them.

Well you are welcome to try and send these back. You need to go through the

people you purchased them from. They will send them back to us. We will test

them if we are at fault then we will issue you the credit, but if we find that

it was your fault then you wont be getting a credit

so im not going to buy magnaflow cats just because of their customer service.i told them i dont have time to wait for the cats to go to the person i bought them from and then sent to magnaflow , that would mean me sending them across the country and them to be sent right back to california. i said i have dates that this truck has to make and it cant be held up by stupid issues like this. :smash:

you got some back on the performancetrucks.net side. one of the dudes sent maganaflow an email with that thread attached. saying that if this is the way they take care of their customers then he won't be pushing their products anymore! :cheers:

Alan

no i have to get a complete new exhaust, the headers arent carb legal.

do you still have your TOGs and old cats :confused:

set them up for inspection and swap in the LTs after :dunno:

:seeya:

nah i sold them , i have a stock exhaust i can use.

Well you are welcome to try and send these back. You need to go through the

people you purchased them from. They will send them back to us. We will test

them if we are at fault then we will issue you the credit, but if we find that

it was your fault then you wont be getting a credit

so im not going to buy magnaflow cats just because of their customer service.i  told them i dont have time to wait for the cats to go to the person i bought them from and then sent to magnaflow , that would mean me sending them across the country and them to be sent right back to california. i said i have dates that this truck has to make and it cant be held up by stupid issues like this. :smash:

I can count on one hand the number of times that a performance company actually admitted fault, or at least took care of the problem, and I've been playing with HiPo car/trucks for a loooooooong time. They will almost always find something that caused the failure. Too rich, too lean, bad gas, Warranty is valid only if it happens on the second Tuesday after the vernal equinox in months without an R in them. It's always something.

we;; come to find that metallic cats are know to melt magnaflow also makes the same size but they are ceramic, those are the ones i need. i will probably be getting those.

I was thinking about using these metallic cats, but after seeing this, whatever happened to them, doesn't look good from a quality stand point. Looks like no cats for me.

Do you know what the part # for the ceramic cats are ??

well im still not 100% sure what happened to them but it could have been from a rich condition along with som ehigh egt temps. i may give the metallic's another shot eventually but for now im running gutted cats.

• 2 weeks later...
well im still not 100% sure what happened to them but it could have been from a rich condition along with som ehigh egt temps. i may give the metallic's another shot eventually but for now im running gutted cats.

ey chase, so ur running the gutted cats right now.....is there really anthing negative about doing this..? i know u live in emission control happy California, but im way over in New Hampshire, plus i have my own inspection guy through fam business so i dont have to worry about emissions , as far as performance i think ill be aright, im just looking for a second opinion...lemme know..

Kidda'

• 1 month later...

well for some reason i was thinking about htis today. Is there any reason cutouts would create the cats to burn up? i mean say they are open it has about 2-3 feet from the cats. could it caus the cats to get even hotter since the flow of exhaust is so much shorter thus hittign the outside air and creating more heat? or am i crazy?