Bose woofer size?

ChevyFan75

All they have is the 6.5" speakers in the door, and the 4" or 4x5" that is in the rear doors. The trucks dont have any kind of subwoofer like the escalades and stuff have

Sure it does....in the front of the console.....and u forgot the tweeters on the windshield pannels too

I honestly thought mine was missing.

The bass from the doors, reflects off of the center console. With the doors closed, you can feel it. When you open them, the vibration there is gone.

I had to listen good and hard for the sub... I'd love to upgrade it with something that'll fit in the stock location.

A replacement speaker is the reason I'm asking what size it is. My store can get the Fosgate and JL 6.5 woofers, I like the JL more myself. I listened to a Avalanche yesterday and I could tell that it had a center mounted woofer, slide your hand behind the console, you can fill air from the port or cone.

JL aslo has released a stealthbox for the counsoles in the SSS, it houses a 10w3v2. I beleive that all the bose amp would have to relocated and some of the airducts for the rear passengers would have to be removed.

Plwtwo... I stand corrected on the VC, you've done the replacement before? Is the enclose ported? have you taken any photos of it?

thanks

The center console JL stealth box requires permenant modification to the factory console!!!!!!! :smash: They also have a box available that slides under the back seat that looks great and sounds wonderful!!!!! :thumbs:

"The center console JL stealth box requires permenant modification to the factory console!!!!!!! "

But it sounds great, I've done it on a 02 Avalanche. The cutting of the counsole isn't very noticable.

I on the other hand I would do one 6w0 in the factory box first to see how it sounds. Then maybe another set of 6w0s in kickpanels... just a thought.

Whats the SKU# on the box for under the rear seat.

I've did a few replacements and a few of the consoles, I wouldn't do the console personally just because you're stuck with it and you lose most of the storage space. Most of the customers I did them for ended up not really liking them in the long run......but the do sound good. A good custom audio shop should be able to replace the factory sub with an aftermarket and get better volume and sound with minimum investment. And if you add a some external amp a lot better sound quality. Hope this helps... :cheers:

Archived