Who all drives their SSS in the snow?

NashSS

We don't get much snow here in Charlotte ... but every now & then, if we get it & I have to go out, I drive mine.

However ... will I take my truck where I know there will be snow? No way.

I have family in PA that I am visiting for the holidays ... I rented a car for this trip just to keep the SS out of the snow.

It's not the snow I have a problem with ... it's the salt, cinders, and retards that are on the road following a snowstorm. :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell I thought I was the only one to load my SSS with dirt and rocks for landscaping. I have seen a few used as semi truck tire service trucks. All decked out with alum. diamond plate tool boxes. I'll see if I can get some snaps.

Edited by Bart1377 (see edit history)

i noticed two things about this post, the word "hell" started alot of posts, and the second thing i noticed is that the guys that own red ss's want to cake them in mud to get theirs to look black :devil:

maniac, you are a maniac........... you have some grande ballsos and i credit you for that. to each is their own.....and well it's yours

for me on the other hand i hide mine from the elements like a 15 year old hide cigarettes from his parents :thumbs:

Has anyone with a 2wd SS had any problems with traction in the snow????

If you live in an area that gets snow and you bought a 2wd SSS with no other vehicle to drive during the winter you're effin' :crazy:

maybe so, i didn't have the option of AWD otherwise I would have gotten it. So what if its 2wd, I love my SS and wouldn't trade it for anything. Sorry not all of us have money for a second vehicle. I had to trade in my last car so I could get the SS..................... :driving:

Hell yeah! here is some pics of our 1st blizzard out of two in one week!

100_0151.jpg

100_0149.jpg

100_0155.jpg

This last pic was right next to a drainage ditch and the shovel is in it, soon it was my truck :banghead: that was at midnight of the second night of the blizzard. Took me an hour to find somebody to help. Thank god it was another :chevy: here is the hole i left

100_0157.jpg

we had a freak snow storm here right at rush hour and freezing rain on top of it. took 2 hours to wind through 7 miles of stuck cars. my AWD passed everything on the road. the only SRT I saw was empty, sideways, and on the sidewalk.

• 2 weeks later...

So its a given people in Seattle can't drive. Coming around a corner on solid ice I see a ricer honda in the middle of the road heading rigt at me. Two choices

1. Head on the ricer (I was tempted)

2. Swerve and try and avoid the whole thing.

I took option two...turned right....lost the back end...ABS..was going nuts..tried to use the AWD to power the front back around....no luck, tagged a parked Silverado right in side of the SS..curb broke the left front wheel , front axel and the side of the truck is f'd..

And something under the hood is f'd as well. Won't start. :dunno: Going to the shop today.

No one got hurt so that's good...LAME!

Edited by COJAM (see edit history)