How About This For An Option...

C5SilverBullet

I heard that the reason for GM not using the 8100 engine was because of an emissions problem with the GVW of the vehicle. I think that they really missed the boat without having the 8100 engine as an option. I think that Chevrolet needs a Lightning Crusher!!! To do that it needs a bigger motor or should've done like Chrysler with the PT Cruiser and had a supercharger option. Well the decision has been made without our input, and we will make the SS fast without GMs help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

the 8.1 would be fun, but only for tire smoke, etc. they upgraded to the 11.5 diff and the allison in the pickup version to handle the diesel and big block. the 9.5 diff probably isn't rated that high (although it would take it fine) for torque and the 4L85e which is used in the suburban big block would handle it (since the allison won't fit in a truck without the 2 inch taller frame the 9200gvw and larger trucks get), but cause for a fuel milage rating that would require so many 4 cylinder s10's to be built to make up for the cafe rating they'd have to about give them away. as for a stick, they could put one in there that would hold up, but pefromance would be boring as anyone that has driven a manual trans car with a low redline knows, too much shifting and too much traction problems.

The V12 isnt a sure thing,the only reason Cadillac made an Escalade with the V12 is because its the only thing it fits in to run tests on it. :crazy: Plus I wouldnt even want to know the price that would be tacked on for that motor.Although a V12 in a SS would be crazy.

Archived