New Oil cap and Decal

detjoe

Hi all I have the cap in place :P but lost camera so when i can i am going to post pics, but where should I put the factory fill mobil1 decal @ :confused: On the plastic fan shroud? or on the fire wall? pics to come...

joe

:thumbs:

:seeya::flag::flag::cheers::flag:

As a side note, I really want to add the Mobil 1 oil cap and decal, since I am running Mobil 1. But I just cannot bring myself to give the guy on eBay $27 for $10 worth of parts that only I will see. Is there somewhere that everyone is getting them cheaper? Or am I just a cheapskate?

no goto GMpartsdirect.com

the parts were almost the same as shipping :uhoh:

but 6.63 for the decal and 3.94 for the cap are not too expensive. But the quality is better that on ebay-the cap seems to be...better...not a regular cap with a decal.

shipping is like $5 for each so the total is a tad over twenty

my old cap was not even dirty

23671019.jpg

Top item is of course the oil fill cap. The GM part number is 12555685 and the dealer I got it from has a list price of $7.88 on it. The item on the bottom is a engine compartment label/plaque decal thingy. It is GM part number 10236268 and has a list price of $11.03 on it. So, it's a maximum of $20.00 investment to show off the fact that you use Mobil 1! :thumbs:

thanks justin for te pic-parts #, and other information

joe

:thumbs:

Cheapskate (?) :rolleyes: For the past five years, every time I've changed oil in my new truck, I put the used Mobil1 in my '90 Silverado. At least it gets a new filter.....the used one won't fit! :D

As yet another side note, I ordered the cap and decal from gmpartsdirect.com. Also got the factory locking gas cap while I was at it. Whole order was about $42. Not too bad, and I feel better than I would have ordering off of eBay. I guess I really am not a cheapskate after all.

When my SS was getting ready for delivery this past July I happened to be pacing the dealer's grounds and peeked into the oil change bay and noted they were using 5W-30 Quaker State from 55 gallon drums...I think its different from dealer to dealer.

Z :flag:

Archived