SSS vs Joe Gibbs

Helo

A buddy of my ordered one of the first Joe Gibbs stepside reg. cab standered tranny trucks paying close to 45k for it. When he found out I had an SSS he just had to give it a shot. Both trucks where still as we bought them. 3 times in a row I spanked him. On his 4th try he cracked his bellhouseing all the way around I had to pull him home. :crackup: A few week later he called me up wanting to try again. Once again 3 races and 3 wins for me but it was WAY closer this time. After we ran he told me he put a locker in the rearend. Still again he called a couple of months later and wanted another shot, My truck is still stock but i new he had changed something but i didnt know what. 3 races 3 wins for him, he cranked up the boost comeing out of that crappy supercharger. Im still waiting on the money to turbo if not twin turbo my truck then ill call him up :thumbs:

Edited by Helo (see edit history)

maybe he cant drive then , those trucks should run 13.9 stock where as your truck should be almsot a full second more than that. the magnacharger isnt a crappy supercharger , espeacially on a 4.8 . it does run out of breath on a 6.0 but by nbo means is it crappy.

thanks and by crappy supercharger i mean it was only set up for 3 or 4 pounds of boost those where his words just passing them on. And your right i didnt think i would take him the first time either. I had test driven one while shopping for trucks and i saw his dad drive that one(way better than his son). But i got the SSS because i saw more power in the truck then the joe gibbs truck.

maybe he cant drive then , those trucks should run 13.9 stock where as your truck should be almsot a full second more than that. the magnacharger isnt a crappy supercharger , espeacially on a 4.8 . it does run out of breath on a 6.0 but by nbo means is it crappy.

:withstupid: The Manacharger is no "crappy" supercharger, it is probably one of the better systems out there for 1999+ Silverado's. But good kills though... It sounds like he got some better parts in there and figured out how to run it.

It all comes back to the nut behind the wheel pun fully intended. I can out drive alot of guys in their own cars with a stick only because when I was brought up drag racing my dad taught me how to run the tree with a rock crusher in a 64 malibu.

But.. you get someone that doesn't really know how to launch or get the truck though the gears hard and fast.. you got yourself a good way to miss the window.

Either way.. you beat him a win is a win. So congrats on that.

But you gotta talk him into a pulley swap and some driving lessons.. that truck should hose you even with a semi decent stick man. :driving:

I think he did get a pulley swap when he started bring it to the track and couldnt beat the lighting out there. Havent draged him with that upgrade no point realy he beat me without it. Yeah hes learning its his first standard to drive so i'll give him credit for trying(heard the tires burning every time we launched). :eek:. hey by the way has anyone else had a problem with there ss pulling to the passenger side?

Edited by Helo (see edit history)

I don't believe this my buddy has an 05 joe gibbs and we ran when I was stock and I did get the jump on him but he would pass me right away, until I got the maggie anyway now we've ran and I beat him but he just put the 2.70 pulley and 42# svo injectors here is a vid of our last race. th_2006_0913Chevy19680013.jpg