Beware of the EVO 9

CNE

"Our truck basically cannot run with any of those evos without mods, we shouldn't really be comparing a 5400lbs truck to a light high power sport compact, we would need so much power just to run in the 12s. Evos are super quick, but I just hate the look of them. I'd rather be slower but be in a better looking car. I hate the 4 cyl vs v8 argument that I see on so many boards. "

Well said. Not to discount your buddys car but put it up against a  GSXR-1000 with skilled rider and pretty much the same result but not in his favor.

I've always liked the canadian flag! :flag:

Well said. Not to discount your buddys car but put it up against a  GSXR-1000 with skilled rider and pretty much the same result but not in his favor.

Amen. When I NEED to be the fastest thing on the street, I hop on the bike. 0-60 in 2.8 seconds with a 10.52 quarter. In the words of M.C. Hammer - "U can't touch this!"

But then of course along comes a Busa and spoils my domination. Guess I should get one of those LOL.

Like someone said - it's all about power to weight. If you try to have the fastest thing on the planet, you won't have the fastest for long. Someone is always faster.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

Sorry i'll stick with my SS. I don't like the idea of riding in a turbo-charged coffin. I'll take good 'ol V8 horsepower over that 4cyl crap anyday. I do have to say that those Evo's are pretty damn quick though. :chevy:

im with chase on the sti bus. 300hp and 300lbs of trq AWD boosted from the factory... :thumbs: i love american muscle but u gotta respect them 4cyl. i really hate that comercial ford put out for their new mustang GT's. i dont know if you've seen it but they had a mustang gt lined up against an STI. and the stang rev's up on the sti and the subaru gets "scared" and turns off. i'm tellin u right now that sti would eat up that gt all day long. from the first jump at the line to the end of the track...untouchable stock for stock.

Tells you how smart ford is...lol :P

im with chase on the sti bus. 300hp and 300lbs of trq AWD boosted from the factory... :thumbs: i love american muscle but u gotta respect them 4cyl. i really hate that comercial ford put out for their new mustang GT's. i dont know if you've seen it but they had a mustang gt lined up against an STI. and the stang rev's up on the sti and the subaru gets "scared" and turns off. i'm tellin u right now that sti would eat up that gt all day long. from the first jump at the line to the end of the track...untouchable stock for stock.

Yeah thats pretty lame! Also have you seen the commercial for the cobra where the guy takes his new cobra to the autobahn and you see the cobra flying by a carrera gt... YEAH please... the carrera would anihilate that ford in two seconds! Specially on the autobahn...

Yeah thats pretty lame! Also have you seen the commercial for the cobra where the guy takes his new cobra to the autobahn and you see the cobra flying by a carrera gt... YEAH please... the carrera would anihilate that ford in two seconds! Specially on the autobahn...

havent seen that one...but it seems just as gay. ford advertising FTL!!