XM radio cost

Heck. I just bought my SS today/yesteday

I've never owned a vehical that had XM

Would be a great welcome to SS'S to know this "Trick"

Thanks if you PM and it's cool if you don't.

I stll need to figure out most of the goodies on the truck anyway LMAO.

:cheers:

Tzer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck. I just bought my SS today/yesteday

I've never owned a vehical that had XM

Would be a great welcome to SS'S to know this "Trick"

Thanks if you PM and it's cool if you don't.

I stll need to figure out most of the goodies on the truck anyway LMAO.

:cheers:

Tzer

Probally wont work since the Xm was never in ur name. If u read the post 18 it has the link. I seen some one try it with new service and xm caught on stating they never had service from them. Its up to u.

Probally wont work since the Xm was never in ur name. If u read the post 18 it has the link. I seen some one try it with new service and xm caught on stating they never had service from them. Its up to u.

I hit the XM and it was working, so for now I have it for Free. I guess the previous owner paid up a year so I don't know when it will expire. Heck, maybe never beings the previous owner owns a trucking business. Maybe he's got a comerical plan? (wouldn't that be sweet)

Tzer

• 2 weeks later...

"Probally wont work since the Xm was never in ur name. If u read the post 18 it has the link. I seen some one try it with new service and xm caught on stating they never had service from them. Its up to u."

D'OH! I just got my truck Sunday and was hoping to get into XM but I guess I'll have to wait to see what deals they have sometime down the road. I'll probably hold off until I install the aftermarket nav anyway.

Edited by El Cid (see edit history)

"Probally wont work since the Xm was never in ur name. If u read the post 18 it has the link. I seen some one try it with new service and xm caught on stating they never had service from them. Its up to u."

D'OH! I just got my truck Sunday and was hoping to get into XM but I guess I'll have to wait to see what deals they have sometime down the road. I'll probably hold off until I install the aftermarket nav anyway.

that Deal has been around for 3 yrs that i know of. Its the cheapest I seen it for a renewal. Just keep the link handy. Jac

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I let my free trail expire 3 weeks ago, and was going to call to get the $77 a year deal. I had heard of a new offer that was $19.99 for 5 months ( figures out to around $3.99 month ). There is no renew code that you have to give to get this deal. I called 866-576-1418 and when the rep answered I told her that I let my free trial period expire, because I did not feel that it was worth $12.95 a month to renew. I then told her that I had just received this letter in the mail, that stated I could renew for $19.99 for 5 months. I told her that for that price I would go ahead and try XM again. There was no questions asked except I had to verify my address and phone number. She did not ask for any code, just my credit card, and wal-lah I got XM renewed for less than $3.99 month. When it is about to auto-renew in 5 months I will try again for another deal. Good luck fellas but was a piece of cake.

Steve

I let my free trail expire 3 weeks ago, and was going to call to get the $77 a year deal. I had heard of a new offer that was $19.99 for 5 months ( figures out to around $3.99 month ). There is no renew code that you have to give to get this deal. I called 866-576-1418 and when the rep answered I told her that I let my free trial period expire, because I did not feel that it was worth $12.95 a month to renew. I then told her that I had just received this letter in the mail, that stated I could renew for $19.99 for 5 months. I told her that for that price I would go ahead and try XM again. There was no questions asked except I had to verify my address and phone number. She did not ask for any code, just my credit card, and wal-lah I got XM renewed for less than $3.99 month. When it is about to auto-renew in 5 months I will try again for another deal. Good luck fellas but was a piece of cake.

Steve

That's a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Just called in and got XM for $77 for a year with no activation charge. It will work if you are not an existing member or have never been a XM subscriber. I just bought my SS and put a Avic-D3 in. I have never had XM before, nor has this XM unit been used before. I just called in and told them I just bought the truck and the free preview ran out. I told them I had recieved a flyer for an offer of $77 for a year of XM. I said for that amount I will sign up. She did not ask for a promotion code. Just my radio code and all my billing info. I also somehow got out of the $15 activation charge becuase I told them my preview just ran out and the radio was already activated lol. So even if you never had XM call in and give it a try. Much better than the $164 with the actiavtion charge that I should have paid.