To much Power, stock trans can't hold.....

I lined up against one of those Honda 2000 with a big hairy fart muffler hanging out the back. :nono:

I blew him out of the water, but I noticed that when I shifted into second gear it really lagged. I shrugged it off as a win,and went on my marry way... :D

On my way home I noticed that I was always hitting the rev limiter out of first.

As I was heading up to my friendly Chevy dealer, the only way I could shift into second was to let of the gas and let pressure build up so that it would shift into second. :puke:

I hope its something simple, but I do have calls into some local trans builders.

Have you adjusted your rev-limiter settings, have you raised them for each gear? I had the same problem on my ’00 Silverado right after I programmed it and changed the rev-limiter on each gear. I reprogrammed back to stock and then did the performance program again and the problem went away…

Blackhawk, I'll take a look at that.

I've had no problems with the shifting into second until now. My magnacharger was installed about a month ago, with no probelms. It must have been the talk of a 50 shot that put the trans into shock... :crazy:

It's wont shift at all, unless I let of the gas let sit for a sec or two and then it will shift into second gear at about 20 mph.

I am hopefull that is something simple, but it never is!

Do you know anyone in the dealers service dept? The trans could be covered under warrany, and you might be able to pay a tech (off the record) to install better parts during the rebuild. Most of the 4L65Es hard parts are already beefed up, so some kevlar bands and better clutch / friction disks would be a good addition. If you have to pay to get it rebuilt, go ahead and upgrade more parts.

BigTex- My best friend is Service Mgr at a large Chevy dealer up here. It will be under warranty this time, and maybe next time, but third strike I'm out.

With the 50 shot I want to do this spring, I think a build up trans has to be in my near future.

I am really hard on my daily driver cars, I get a new one about every 18 months or 35K miles.

After I hit 1000 miles on the supercharger I was kicking it hard.....

I hope is a programming issue...my buddy (GM guy) was talking about a bad pressure switch or something simple in the Trans.....

I should know more tomorrow/Monday. I'll let you guys know what it is...

Definitely buy some upgraded parts for that trans and have them install during the rebuild. Besides making it last longer before your next break down, it will be cheap since the labor and shop time are covered under the warranty. Do it, you'll thank my down the road.

I'm in a similar boat with a local Chev dealership. I'm stocking up better trans parts so when mine goes down, I'll have everything I need to have a basically free labor rebuild. It may not be as good as a FLp or similar, but it will be better than stock, and $2000 cheaper.

Archived