06 Intimidator SS

Bluewheelz

the intimidator is nothing more than a regular ss with badging is it not?

Exactly. Couple of extra decals, and a wing. Performance is the same.

Performance same I believe just package difference and yes it did come with decals but I had them all removed.

I thought the SSI had different shocks?

Mr. P.

From Truckin Magazine Online:

"When compared to the “normal” Silverado SS, the Intimidator is more than just a badge package. It will include a lowered ride height, performance suspension, two-stage multi-leaf springs, Tenneco shocks, a stiffer front stabilizer bar and harder front jounce bumpers. It will also be rear wheel drive with a 3.73 locking rear differential. Unfortunately, this will not be unique to the Intimidator, a GM representative says that every model year 2006 Silverado SS will be twisting only the rear wheels."

Here is the link:

http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0505tr_...y_silverado_ss/

I thought the SSI had different shocks?

Mr. P.

From Truckin Magazine Online:

"When compared to the “normal” Silverado SS, the Intimidator is more than just a badge package. It will include a lowered ride height, performance suspension, two-stage multi-leaf springs, Tenneco shocks, a stiffer front stabilizer bar and harder front jounce bumpers. It will also be rear wheel drive with a 3.73 locking rear differential. Unfortunately, this will not be unique to the Intimidator, a GM representative says that every model year 2006 Silverado SS will be twisting only the rear wheels."

Here is the link:

http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0505tr_...y_silverado_ss/

That's weird, because they're not listing different shocks or springs for the SSI. Just a shock for LQ9 with chasis pkg ZX3. :dunno:

i'm gonna say he's on crack. 

You have the 70e like others have said above

So which is it do we with a 06 intimidator have the 65E or 70E? My code in the glove box is M32

Last time I checked RPO codes are dead on. M32=4L65E. M70=4L70E. Call your dealer and give them your VIN number if in doubt. They can give you a break down with every RPO code for the VIN plus the description.

Mine is M32 also.  Anybody know someone in Dallas area that does the beef-up on the 4l65e??  Thanks for the help guys.

Try LG Motorsports in Garland.

I know they do all the LSx stuff for Camaros & Firebirds

and they built my 700R4 pretty strong.

Sorry, but LG COMPLETELY screwed up my 30th Anniv. Trans Am. tranny. :mad: I wouldn't let them change my spark plugs. From my extensive experience with the LS1 stuff, the only thing they know how to do is suspension parts. DON'T LET THEM TOUCH YOUR MOTOR OR TRANS! They will not back up their work. I have talked to several people in Dallas who had the same bad experiences.

Mine is M32 also. Anybody know someone in Dallas area that does the beef-up on the 4l65e?? Thanks for the help guys.

Try LG Motorsports in Garland.

I know they do all the LSx stuff for Camaros & Firebirds

and they built my 700R4 pretty strong.

Sorry, but LG COMPLETELY screwed up my 30th Anniv. Trans Am. tranny. :mad: I wouldn't let them change my spark plugs. From my extensive experience with the LS1 stuff, the only thing they know how to do is suspension parts. DON'T LET THEM TOUCH YOUR MOTOR OR TRANS! They will not back up their work. I have talked to several people in Dallas who had the same bad experiences.

I had no problems with them.

They took my 30th Anniversary Camaro SS and rebuilt the tranny, added a shift kit and stall and also put on my Procharger S/C, and the only problem I had was some tuning issues, which they quickly resolved with a PCM upgrade.

Maybe you caught them on a bad week, or with new employees? :dunno:

Well, I have used LG before... Lou is a nice guy, and I purchased a g5x3 cam and it laid down 435 RWHP, CAM ONLY and boltons.. no heads, no bigger cubes.... They also specialize in vette stuff for the most part...as they have a scca car I believe.

Performance same I believe just package difference and yes it did come with decals but I had them all removed. :confused: Why would you buy a INTIMIDATOR truck just to remove the badges? Did you also return your certificate of authenticity? just kinda makes me go :wtf::wtf: