ATTN : BLOWER GUYS

Ive been looking into FI for my 6.0 06 SilveradoSS, and so far i like what i see. My only problem is i drive 30 miles one way to work and ive been wondering, how much a blower will drop my fuel mileage? Im looking into magnacharger specificly, but id like to hear from all blower and turbo guys just how much mpg was lost with your set-up, and what other mods do you have i.e. bigger injectors, headers? Also, is there a kit out there that will give good power without sacrificing too much mpg?

well according to my mpg im getting good mileage 16+ on the highway and 12 around town.( when i drive like a bitch) im not sure if the mpg is calulating assuming it has stock injectors so that may be the case becasue my gas disapears awfuly quick.

If you are looking to get power and keep or gain mileage for sure another good way is to do a head and cam swap.. I went from 14mpg local 18 highway to about 18 around town.. when im not beating on it to 23 highway with the cruise set at 78 mph.. and my truck runs low 13's granted its 2wd... it still has power to spare a similar setup in an awd truck I would guess mid 13's and at least 18-19 highway.

If you are looking to get power and keep or gain mileage for sure another good way is to do a head and cam swap...

Any recommendations for Heads and cam?

Bang for your buck the Dart 225 castings are some of the best heads out of the box in my opinion.. as far as cam.. simply depends on how lopey you want it to be and how agressive of a profile and ramp.. there are a few gen 3 grinds from comp that are off the shelf that work fantastic with those heads.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll definitely check out your suggestions.

Right now I'm getting 15/16 city; 18/19 highway stock.

Heh, yeah, I'll have "Kid-With-The-New-Toy" symdrom. :driving: