How I got boned out of my Silverado SS (must read)

RPM_King

How can you feel they are ripping you off when the accepted YOUR offer of $21,000.00? If I were you, I would call them 1st thing in the morning and take the deal.

:withstupid:

Ripping you off :dunno: ... You said in the first paragraph of your post, that you went there about a Month Ago ... Ok, new month, new year, same old truck. They want it moved now, more then ever ... It's business ... They tried one price, it didn't work ... So a month later, they are trying it at a lower price ...

Still not a bad deal for an '03 with 17k ....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes the dealer did agree to my terms but I was bargaining on the price of 23,800. If the sales rep wasn't an ass and told me the actual price of the truck then I could of bargained better. The way I think of it is that its an 03 with no warranty and after 5 years of payments @crappy interest rate its a nine year old truck. I know 99.99% of you say 21,000 is a good price but I dunno.

Besides that I respect any dealer as long as they don't throw me any bs and this one did. I didn't see the ad in the paper w/ the 22,xxx price I only had what the sales rep was telling me and he jacked the price up then what it actually was. It would have made me go to 20,000 or even 19,000 if he didn't play with the figures. Thats shady business and shady business gets no business. Thanks for all the input.

One question though for anyone that reads this far down.....It has 2 antennas on the top. 1 for onStar and 1 for XM. right? because they didn't mention anything to me about xm. only onStar.

Edited by RPM_King (see edit history)

One question though for anyone that reads this far down.....It has 2 antennas on the top.  1 for onStar and 1 for XM.  right?  because they didn't mention anything to me about xm.  only onStar.

as far as i know, if the factory radio doesn't have XM, they wouldn't add the antenna.

bs or not it seems good...www.kbb.com

Vehicle Highlights

Mileage: 18,000

Engine: V8 6.0 Liter

Transmission: Automatic

Drivetrain: AWD

Selected Equipment Change Equipment

Standard

Air Conditioning Cruise Control ABS (4-Wheel)

Power Steering AM/FM Stereo Leather

Power Windows Cassette Dual Power Seats

Power Door Locks Single Compact Disc

Tilt Wheel Dual Front Air Bags

Optional

OnStar Oversize Wheels 20"+

Blue Book Suggested Retail Value

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History Excellent

$24,865

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

* Texas 1/8/2007

THEY DON'T WORK OFF OF RETAIL kbb. YOU NEED TO LOOK AT ALL ASPECTS OF THIS GO ON NADA, AND YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT DEPRECIATION. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS A NADA BLACK BOOK THAT WOULD BE YOUR BEST BET OF LOOKING AT ALL THE PRICES. ALSO I BOUGHT MY GIBBS FOR 17200.00 OTD.IT HAD 4100 MILES ON IT BUT I HAD TO FLY TO GEORGIA AND GET IT. OH AND ITS AN 04 WITH FACTORY WARRANTY. I WAS INBETWEEN AN SS OR A GIBBS WENT GIBBS BECAUSE YOU NEVER SEE THEM OR AT LEAST NOT AS OFTEN HAS AN SS. BUT, I THINK AFTER WHAT YOU HANE BEEN THROUGH THEY COULD HAVE BEEN MORE UP FRONT WITH YOU TO ALSO GAIN YOUR TRUST. DEALERS ARE VERY SHADY I HAVE A GUY HERE IN TX THAT CAN LOCATE ANYTHING YOU WANT AND CAN GET IT PRETTY DARN CHEAP..........SORRY DECIDED TO LOOK ON MY OWN FOR YOU I WOULD GO BACK TO THEM AND ASK THEM FLAT OUT THAT YOU WILL TAKE FOR NO MORE THAN 19500.00 PLUS TTL SEE WHAT THEY SAY. IF THEY BS YOU AGAIN LEAVE AND START A SEARCH ELSE WHERE. HOPE THIS IS OF HELP.

Seems pretty simple to me...................

It's your $$$$$$, if you feel like your getting screwed, WALK!!!!!!

Your getting the deal you wanted so what is the problem? :dunno: Your getting what you wanted yet you still want more??? Sounds just like a dealership to me!

I think the problem is how he felt like the dealer was trying to screw him at first. A chevy dealer in greensburg PA did that to me a few years ago on a truck that I wanted to buy. After having to put up with the sales guy and all his managers for 7 hours, I was able to get the truck for the amount I was told I could have it at. The truck was in the paper for 22,000 and the window sticker was 25,000. When i took it on the dest drive the sales guy said to not worry about the window sticker that it was mine for the price in the paper. So when it got time for doing the paper work, they were charging me 25k for it. I was getting screwed over big time and left at closing time with the truck, but i was pissed at myself for putting up with so much bull crap and still wish to this day that I just walked out and didn't buy the truck just because of what I had to go through.

remember that they've got to eat too. they're only doing what anyone would, and that is to try and make more money. we just take it personal because it's directed towards us.

remember, you attract more bees with honey than you do vinegar. just be nice about, they'll always be willing to help out a nice guy

ES :flag: